|Jewish Chaplain of the University of Surrey|
|Organisation||University of Surrey|
|Born||1974 (age 40–41)
|Denomination||Modern Orthodox Judaism|
Goldberg has spoken at the United Nations on religious and racial discrimination, as well as calling for the UN to take action on the situation in the Darfur region of Sudan.
Goldberg was appointed Chief Executive of the London Jewish Forum in July 2008, having been the Community Issues Director at the Board of Deputies of British Jews. In June 2007, Goldberg was involved in trying to find a solution to a crisis in the orthodox Jewish community over marriage visas. The Home Office proposed to introduce measures that would raise the age limit for international marriage visas from 18 to 21, which would impact on the strictly orthodox community. He was part of a delegation that met with the immigration minister in March 2008 to express their concerns over the proposal.
Goldberg is part of a team seeking to build a £5million multifaith centre at the University of Surrey. The building is envisaged to be the first building in Britain to have a synagogue, mosque and chapel built separately under one roof and is designed to have facilities for six major faiths. The centre obtained planning permission in November 2007 and is seeking funding for its construction. The team presented their work to the queen in November 2011 where she claimed that the University ‘is leading the way’.
Goldberg is chair of the Faiths Forum for London and was part of the team that organised the Mayor of London's Faith Conference in 2011. At the Board of Deputies he spoke out against supported an the state imposition of mandatory quotas on voluntary aided faith schools and in support of the interfaith coalition opposing it.
Goldberg was appointed Jewish Chaplain to the London 2012 Olympics, He chairs the Football Association's Faith in Football group and attended an anti-discrimination in football summit hosted by the prime minister at Downing Street in February 2012. He has served on two Department for Education Ministerial Steering Committees 
- Goldberg, Alexander. "BBC Religion Biographies". London: BBC.
- Goldberg, Alexander (30 March 2007). "Fits and starts". The Guardian. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- Symons, Leon (6 June 2008). "Forum gains a chief exec". The Jewish Chronicle. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Board Appoints New Community Issues Director". Progressive Jewish Community of East Anglia Newsletter. August 2006. Retrieved 16 July 2014. Check date values in:
|year= / |date= mismatch(help)
- "Orthodox avert marriage crisis as Home Office makes new proposal". The Jewish Chronicle. 6 July 2007.
- Religious Intelligence - News - British Jews express concerns at marriage law changes[dead link]
- Goldberg, Alexander (5 August 2007). "Room of our own". The Guardian. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Guardian Webcast". The Guardian. 6 September 2007.
- "Multi-faith centre plans approved". BBC News. 4 November 2007.
- "Green light for groundbreaking Multi-Faith Centre at the University of Surrey". University of Surrey. 2 November 2007. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Chaplain to Join Olympics". 18 January 2012.
- Rocker, Simon (10 February 2011). "Boris Johnson keeps faith with social links". The Jewish Chronicle. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- - Jewish & Israel News[dead link]
- "University's Jewish Chaplain To Join Olympics". Surrey University. 18 January 2012.
- "Faith in Football". www.thefa.com. 27 June 2011.
- "Cameron discusses Racism and Football". Jewish Chronicle. 23 February 2012.
- "Our Team". Faiths Forum for London.
- "Alexander Goldberg: Profile". The Guardian. 2014. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Broadcasting and Media". alexgoldberg.eu. 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2014.