Mejía playing for Colombia against Ivory Coast at the 2014 FIFA World Cup
|Full name||Alexander Mejía Sabalza|
|Date of birth||11 July 1988|
|Place of birth||Barranquilla, Colombia|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|2011||→ Once Caldas (loan)||37||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 March 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Mejía made his professional debut for Deportes Quindío in 2005, where he played for seven years, including a loan spell at Once Caldas. In 2012, he joined Atlético Nacional and won both the Copa Colombia and the Superliga Colombiana in his first season. In the following seasons, Mejía helped Nacional to three consecutive Colombian league titles, becoming team captain after the departure of Macnelly Torres.
In 2012, Mejía made his debut for the Colombia national team in a FIFA World Cup qualifier against Peru. He went on to become a regular member of the squad in the remainder of the campaign, making five appearances overall.
On 9 June 2014, he was named in Colombia's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. On 14 June, he appeared as a 69th minute substitute in the team's opening match of the tournament – a 3–0 defeat of Greece in Belo Horizonte.
- Categoría Primera A (3): 2013-I, 2013-II, 2014-I
- Copa Colombia (2): 2012, 2013
- Superliga Colombiana (1): 2012
- *Alexander Mejía Liga MX stats at Medio Tiempo.com (Spanish)
- Football Database - Alexander Mejía
- "Alexander MEJIA". FIFA. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "World Cup 2014: Radamel Falcao out of Colombia squad". BBC. 9 June 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "Colombia 3-0 Greece". BBC. 14 June 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.