Alexander Viets Griswold Allen, D.D. (1841–1908) was an Episcopal theologian, born at Otis, Massachusetts, United States of America. He graduated from Kenyon College in 1862 and Andover Theological Seminary in 1865. He was ordained a priest in the Protestant Episcopal Church in that year, and in 1867 became professor of Church history in the Episcopal Divinity School at Cambridge.
His publications include:
- Continuity of Christian Thought (Bohlen Lectures for 1883, Boston, 1884; eleventh edition, 1895)
- Life of Jonathan Edwards (1889)
- Religious Progress (1894)
- Christian Institutions (New York, 1897)
- Life and Letters of Phillips Brooks (two volumes, 1901)
C. Slattery for his Life, (New York, 1911).