|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||Alexandra Braun Waldeck
May 19, 1983
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)|
|Title(s)||Sambil Model 2005 (winner)
Miss Venezuela 2005 (1st runner up)
Miss Earth Venezuela 2005
Miss Earth 2005 (winner)
Alexandra Braun Waldeck (born May 19, 1983, Caracas, Venezuela) is a Venezuelan show hostees, actress model and Miss Earth 2005, an annual international beauty pageant promoting environmental awareness. Growing up in Caracas, Braun graduated cum laude with a Technical Degree in Marketing and Advertising. Her family is from Germany, they migrated to Venezuela after World War II.
The 5'10" Venezuelan beauty queen went on to compete in the 2005 Miss Venezuela pageant. While she only placed first runner-up, representing Nueva Esparta, she was selected by Sambil Model Caracas to represent Venezuela at Miss Earth held in Manila, Philippines. She was crowned Miss Earth on October 23, 2005, where eighty contestants from all over the world took part in the competition. Braun, a 22-year-old model, also got the prize for Best in Swimsuit. She was the first Venezuelan to win the competition. Her win makes Venezuela the second country after Brazil to win all of the "Big Four" pageants.
Braun crowned her successor, Hil Hernández, during the 2006 Miss Earth pageant finale on November 26, 2006, held at the National Museum in Manila, Philippines. Her Miss Earth Venezuela successor, Marianne Puglia, was crowned Miss Earth Fire, the equivalent of 3rd runner up.
Miss Earth reign
During her Miss Earth reign, she met the President of the Philippines Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo at the Malacañan Palace, which she considered as one of her most memorable experiences. Upon her return to Venezuela after winning the Miss Earth competition, Braun immediately spearheaded a reforestation program in Caracas, Maracaibo and Valencia with the help of Sambil Organization, the franchise holder of Miss Earth Venezuela contest. It was followed by the launching of the SAMI Tree Program, a fund-raising activity that educates children on the importance of protecting trees to save the environment.
In April 2006, she travelled to Singapore, together with the Miss Earth Foundation to co-host the United Nations Environment Programme or UNEP gala event, The Champions of the Earth, an annual awards programme to recognize outstanding environmental leaders at a policy level. She co-hosted the awarding ceremony on April 21, 2006 with Eric Falt, UNEP Director of Communications and Public Information.
As Miss Earth winner, Braun travelled the world to participate and promote environmental awareness programs with the Philippine-based Miss Earth Foundation. She also visited several countries including Canada, Puerto Rico, Chile, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, and Venezuela.
Life after Miss Earth
Braun's victory in Miss Earth 2005 has made her a household name in Venezuela and different parts of the world specially in modeling business. She started in a new stage of her life when she announced the launching of her own accessories brand name ¨DiBraun Accessories¨ with her twin sister Karina. She has appeared in a variety of magazines right after her reign including Philippine's 'Women's Journal', Variedades, Man, Ocean Drive, Maxim, Urbe, Que Pasa (Chile) and more. Braun is now an established model in Latin America, Europe and Asia appearing in numerous television spots, magazines and advertising campaigns in countries such as Philippines, Romania, Malaysia, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Bolivia and her home country Venezuela. She started her career as an actress in Venezuela with her first movie directed by Abraham Pulido who´s going to appear in November 2013, ¨Hasta que la muerte nos separe¨ is about a model who falls in love with a boxer based on the novel Othelo by William Shakespeare. She started to make her first appearance in theatre in the play ¨Boeing Boeing¨ in August 2013. 
Braun competed in the following pageants:
|Month & Year||Pageant||Placement|
|October 2005||Miss Earth 2005||Winner|
|September 2005||Miss Venezuela 2005||First Runner Up|
|July 2005||Sambil Model||Winner|
|2008||Canuan||Catálogo Trajes de Baño|
|2005, 2006, 2007, 2008||Beco||Venezuela|
Ambassador Non-Profit Organizations
|2007–present||UNO MAS Foundation||Down Syndrome|
|2012||SIDA||Acción Solidaria (Solidarity Action|
|2007–present||Asociación Civil||Ronald McDonald (Program “Give a Hand”)|
|2008–present||UMA Foundation||(Dinner with the Stars)|
|May 2007||Puras Joyitas||Miss Amazonas||Venezuela|
|June 2008||Comando X||Spanish CNN Journalist||Venezuela|
|March 2009||La Pura Mentira||Cheerleader||Venezuela|
|2011||Secretos de Confesión||Cameo||Venezuela|
|2013||Sueño de Selva||Ulrike Koch||Canaima, Venezuela|
|2013||Hasta que la muerte nos separe||Diana Montenegro||Venezuela|
- Alexandra Braun on Fashion Model Directory. Information, profile and pictures of the model
- Brief biography and interview
- Lifeofamodel.com - Latest interview with Miss Earth, Alexandra Braun, on winning the beauty competition and how it has changed her life
- Portfolio Alexandra Braun Waldeck's modeling portfolio
- Model Info, Online (2005-01-02). "Alexandra Braun Model Info". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
- Chmura, Edward (2005-10-25). "Miss Earth 2005". Japundit. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Palacios, Argel (2006-01-02). "Alexandra Braun ganó el Miss Earth 2005". Nuevo Siglo Spanish Newspaper. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Yazon J., Giovanni Paolo (2007-08-29). "Alexandra the great". Manila Standard Today. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Yazon J., Giovanni Paolo (2006-10-07). "Venezuelan goddess returns". Manila Standard Today. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- "Venezuelan model is new Miss Earth; DR wins Miss Earth-Air". Dominican Today. 2005-10-25. Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- "Miss Earth 2005 beauty pageant". People's Daily Online. 2005-10-25. Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- Yazon J., Giovanni Paolo (2006-11-30). "Chile’s charmer wins Miss Earth crown". Manila Standard Today. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- "Miss Earth 2005 beauty pageant". People's Daily Online. 2006-11-27. Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- Yazon J., Giovanni Paolo (2006-10-08). "Alexandra, the Great". Manila Standard Today. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Falt, Eric (2006-04-21). "Global ‘Green’ Leaders Honored at Environmental Gala in Singapore". United Nations Environment Programme. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Falt, Eric (2006-04-21). "Champions of the Earth 2006 gala dinner". United Nations Environment Programme. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- "Top Model: Alexandra Braun". Modelos de Venezuela. 2008-01-20. Retrieved 2008-06-29.
|Miss Earth Venezuela