||This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)
Alexandra Byrne is a costume designer. She trained on the Motley Theatre Design Course under Margaret Harris before embarking on her career as a costume designer in film.
She has designed the costumes for twelve films in her career, earning Academy Award nominations for four of them—Elizabeth , the 2007 sequel Elizabeth: The Golden Age , Hamlet  and Finding Neverland ; and considerable acclaim for three others—Persuasion, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, and The Phantom of the Opera. She won the Academy Award for Elizabeth: The Golden Age. 
She was also nominated for the Tony Award in 1990 for Best Scenic Design for Some Americans Abroad.
She is married to actor Simon Shepherd with four children.
Academy Award Nominations 
- Best Costume Design: Hamlet (1996) — nominated
- Best Costume Design: Elizabeth (1998) — nominated
- Best Costume Design: Finding Neverland (2004) — nominated
- Best Costume Design: Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007) — Won
- ^ "BAFTA Awards (1996)". IMDb. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
External links