Daddario in 2013.
March 16, 1986 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
Alexandra Anna Daddario (born March 16, 1986 in New York City) is an American actress and model best known for playing Annabeth Chase in the Percy Jackson film series. She also appeared in films like Texas Chainsaw 3D, Bereavement and Hall Pass and guest-starred in TV shows including White Collar, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and True Detective. She is set to appear in the film San Andreas with Dwayne Johnson.
Daddario was born to a prosecutor (former head of NYPD Counterterrorism under Mayor Bloomberg) and a Merrill Lynch lawyer, raised on the Upper East Side and is an alumna of Brearley School, Professional Children's School and Marymount Manhattan College. She has Hungarian, Irish, and Italian ancestry. Her brother Matthew is also an actor.
Daddario had her first television role at the age of 16, when she played victimized teen Laurie Lewis in All My Children. She appeared in numerous television series and movies. Her first major role was as Annabeth Chase in the 2010 fantasy-adventure film Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief in between her recurring role as Neal Caffrey's love interest Kate Moreau in the hit series White Collar. In 2011, she co-starred in the comedy film Hall Pass and had a recurring role as Rachel, a receptionist at The Luncheonette, on the NBC series Parenthood. In 2012, Daddario starred in the music video for Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" and had an episode guest stint in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Her first starring role since Percy Jackson was the slasher film Texas Chainsaw 3D as Heather Miller, which was shown in 2013, although the filming took place almost two years prior. In the latter part of 2013, Daddario reprised her role as Annabeth Chase in Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters. Daddario started filming a zombie comedy movie, Burying The Ex, in Los Angeles, California, helmed by Joe Dante with Anton Yelchin and Ashley Greene. She also filmed the independent movie Unreachable by Conventional Means. Burying The Ex was among the chosen films participating though out of competition at the Venice Film Festival in 2014. In 2014, Daddario garnered much attention for her role as Lisa Tragnetti on the HBO series True Detective. She landed the lead role in the upcoming 3D Earthquake movie San Andreas with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to portray her father. The filming started last April in Gold Coast and Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and just finished at the end of July in San Francisco, California. On August 13, 2014, a demo of the video game, Battlefield Hardline, to be released early 2015, was launched, revealing that Daddario was lending her voice and appearance for one of the major characters, Dune Alpert.
Awards and nominations
- ^ "Daddario's middle name". Official twitter.
- ^ "Alexandra Daddario biography". The New York Times. February 19, 2010. Retrieved February 19, 2010.
- ^ "Alexandra Daddario Interview – Interview with Actress Alexandra Daddario". Viewlondon.co.uk. Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- ^ http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/alexandra-daddario-true-detective?mbid=social_twitter
- ^ "The Radar: Alexandra Daddario – Modern Luxury Orange County – Style". Orangecounty.modernluxury.com. Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- ^ Christopher, Stephen (Spring 2011). "It's All About Alex". Genlux.
- ^ 
- ^ Jeff Sneider (August 16, 2011). "Matthew Daddario joins Doremus pic". Variety. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- ^ "Lionsgate releases official Press Release for Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3-D". Shocktillyoudrop.com. July 19, 2011. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- ^ Rao, Priya (February 22, 2014). "Alexandra Daddario Talks True Detective, Boobs, and Fashion". Vanity Fair.