||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
Alexandra Hedison at L6, fan convention for The L Word, in 2009
July 10, 1969 |
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Partner(s)||Ellen DeGeneres (2001–2004)|
Alexandra Hedison (born July 10, 1969) is an American contemporary photographer and actress.
Born in Los Angeles, California on July 10, 1969, she is the daughter of actor David Hedison. She attended the State University of New York at Purchase and University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Hedison is also a former actress who appeared on television series such as Showtime's The L Word.
As a photographer, Hedison first exhibited her series of abstract landscapes at Rose Gallery in Bergamot Station, Los Angeles. In 2005, she exhibited the (Re)Building series, which addressed themes of loss, transition and recovery while using construction as a metaphor for memory in the architecture of the subconscious. Her series of large format photographs entitled Ithaka, which takes its title from the CP Cavafy poem of the same name, was shot in the temperate rain forest of North America. First exhibited in London, Ithaka was included in the New Yorker's 2008 Passport to the Arts and Month of Photography Los Angeles the following year.
Hedison's work is represented in public and private collections worldwide, and her photographs have been shown in solo and group exhibitions in galleries and museums throughout the US and Europe including Los Angeles, New York, and London.
Hedison was selected by Barclays Capital for International sponsorship in 2008.
- Sleep with Me (1994) as Brunette Actress
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1994) as Remy
- The Hard Truth (1994) as TII receptionist
- Melrose Place (1995) as Dr. Reshay
- OP Center (1995) as C-5 Tech #1
- Max is Missing (1995) as Rebecca
- The Rich Man's Wife (1996) as Party Guest
- L.A. Firefighters (1996) as Firefighter Kay Rizzo
- Any Day Now (1998) as Rhonda
- Prey (1998) as Attwood's Boss
- Blackout Effect (1998) as Catherine Parmel
- Standing on Fishes (1999) as Jason's Girlfriend
- Seven Days (1999) as First Lt. Sally Bensen
- Nash Bridges (2000) as Special Agent Victoria Trachsel
- In the Dog House (2005) as The Voice of Maggie
- Designing Blind (2006) (A&E) as Alexandra Hedison
- The L Word (2006 and 2009) as Dylan Moreland
Films as Director
- Corcoran, Monica (2004-08-15). "A NIGHT OUT WITH -- Alexandra Hedison and Ellen DeGeneres; Burning the Candle". The New York Times. nytimes.com. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- "Alexandra Hedison of 'Designing Blind'". The Tuscaloosa News. The Tuscaloosa News. 2006-08-13. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alexandra Hedison.|