27 February 1959
Kiev, Ukraine, USSR
Co-founder of the Checkpoint Charlie Museum
Alexandra Hildebrandt (born Alexandra Weissmann on February 27, 1959 in Kiev) is a Ukrainian artist of German descent, as well as co-founder and current Director of the Checkpoint Charlie Museum and the chair of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft 13. August Association. In 1995, she married the museum's other co-founder and former Director Rainer Hildebrandt, and they remained married until his death in 2004. She is internationally noted for leading the construction of the Freedom Memorial, which was controversially demolished by the Berlin city government in 2005.
- Ein Mensch Rainer Hildebrandt – Begegnungen Verl. Haus am Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin 1999, ISBN 3-922484-41-7
- Die Mauer.Zahlen.Daten, Haus am Checkpoint Charlie Verlag, Berlin 2001, ISBN 3-922484-43-3
- "Ein Leben wider das Vergessen". Berliner Morgenpost (in German) (Berlin, Germany). 10 June 2008. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- Wagner, Susan L. (11 November 2009). "Wayland filmmaker present screening of new work". Wayland Town Crier (Wayland, MA). Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- Raabe, Margaret (13 August 2004). "Arbeitsgemeinschaft 13. August dokumentiert 57 weitere Todesopfer an der DDR-Grenze". Welt Online (in German) (Germany). Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- Richter, Christine (10 January 2004). "Der Freiheitskämpfer". Berliner Zeitung (in German) (Berlin, Germany). Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- "Berlin Demolishes Cold War Memorial on July 4" (Press release). Republicans Abroad International. 24 June 2005. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
|This article about a German artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|