25 April 1978
|Other names||Alex Hyndman|
|Agent||Gordon Poole Agency|
Olivia Catherine HillAlfie James Hill
Hill was born in Grantham but grew up in Australia where she was educated at St Aloysius College, Adelaide. She moved back to the UK and attended King Edward VII School (Melton Mowbray), before reading English Literature at Royal Holloway, University of London and Journalism at De Montfort University.
She joined Sky News Radio in 2004 as a newsreader and journalist before becoming a presenter for Sky Sports News and Sky News Three years later, Hill began presenting for the now-defunct sports news channel Setanta Sports News.
In November 2008, she became an anchor for ITV London regional news programme London Tonight, where she presented the show in place of main presenter Katie Derham, who primarily appeared on ITV News. She also covered Derham on the ITV News at 1:30 on ITV. From September 2009, Alexandra could be seen as a presenter on ITV News at 5:30 on ITV as well as London Today bulletins during Daybreak on ITV London, she left in January 2011 and returned in May 2012 for a short time. Hill can be seen again as of 8 August 2013.
She is married to ITV News Editor Geoff Hill, and is now known as Alexandra Hill. Prior to June 2010 she had used her maiden name and abbreviated her first name, professionally going by Alex Hyndman. Alexandra gave birth to her first child, Olivia Catherine Hill on 8 February 2011, as confirmed by the baby girl's father, Geoff Hill. she gave birth to a baby boy in September 2012 called Alfie James.
- "Alex Hyndman - In the Hot Seat - Current Buns". Archived from the original on 25 October 2009.
- "People - Alexandra Hill (Alex Hyndman)". TV Newsroom. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Circulate - News from The Cholesterol Charity" (PDF). H.E.A.R.T UK. 2008. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Were on the Geoff Express". The Times (London). 29 May 2010.
- "The bump and I are on Morning News...". Alexandra Hill on Twitter. 29 July 2010. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- "Baby Olivia Catherine Hill born at 0415 today.". Geoff Hill on Twitter. 8 February 2011. Retrieved 8 February 2011.