Alexandra House in 2007
|Location||16 Chater Road
5 Des Voeux Road Central
|Roof||124 m (407 ft)|
|Design and construction|
P & T Architects & Engineers Ltd.
The building has 37 levels. It hosts a shopping arcade and it is connected to the Central Elevated Walkway. The block formed by Alexandra house is surrounded by Ice House Street, Des Voeux Road Central and Chater Road.
The current building was completed in 1976. It is the third generation of buildings bearing the "Alexandra" name on this site. The first generation building, "Alexandra Building", was completed in 1904. The second generation building, "Alexandra House", was completed in 1954.
The three Michelin-starred restaurant 8½ Otto e Mezzo is located within Alexandra House. The retail podium is occupied by international brands such as Prada, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana and Ermenegildo Zegna.
- Liu, Yvonne (1 August 2012). "Record offer for Alexandra House brings no joy". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- ChinaScope: Hongkong Land: Consortium Said to Purchase a Commercial Building at HKD 15 Bn
- "Project Page: Alexandra House". Aedas.com.
- "Alexandra House". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- "Alexandra House". Emporis.com. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- Hongkong Land website; Commercial properties
- gwulo.com: Alexandra Building (1st generation) [1904-1950]
- gwulo.com: Alexandra House (1st generation) [1952-1974]
- 8½ Otto e Mezzo: Contact
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alexandra House.|