|Full name||Alexandra Ihringová|
29 January 1975 |
In addition she has refereed several major women's football matches at domestic and international level. These include the FA Women's Cup final, the UEFA Women's Champions League final, the UEFA Women's Championship final and the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup final.
Ihringová grew up in a sporting family in Bratislava. As a player, Ihringová was a national champion three times from 1991 to 1994 with her club Filozof Bratislava. She attended a course for women officials in 1995. Her move into refereeing was inspired by Ihringová's uncle, Karol Ihring, a FIFA official named the best referee in Slovakia three times.
In 2006 Ihringová emigrated to England, and was "adopted" by the Football Association. She oversaw two consecutive FA Women's Cup finals in 2008 and 2009. Ihringová considered that the move to England, and particularly her involvement at Football League level, assisted in her overall development as a referee.
Ihringová was appointed to the FIFA list in 2001 and took charge of her first women's international, a World Cup qualifier between Germany and Spain, in October of that year. She also participated at the 2002 edition of the UEFA Women's Under-19 Championship in Sweden. At the 2004 FIFA U-19 Women's World Championship, Ihringová was awarded the semi–final between Brazil and China.
In June 2005 Ihringová was selected to referee the final of UEFA Women's Euro 2005, as Germany defeated Norway at Ewood Park. After switching her allegiance to England, Ihringová refereed the United States' victory over North Korea at Estadio Bicentenario de La Florida, in the final of the 2008 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup.
- List of football referees
- Amy Rayner, first female Football League referee
- Wendy Toms, first female Football League and Premier League assistant referee
- "Referee". FIFA.com. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Sasa Ihringova" (03). She Kicks. October 10. p. 34.
- Dana Haščáková (2009-03-29). "Alexandra Ihringová: Musím byť rovnako dobrá ako muži" (in Slovak). SME.sk. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- Kristína Havasová (2003-01-13). "High-flying Slovak female soccer referee scores against the men". The Slovak Spectator. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Assistant Referee Sasa Ihringova". Refworld.com. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- Pete Sanderson (2005-07-17). "Ihringova ready for Ewood encounter". UEFA.com. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- Janie Frampton (June 2010). "Ambassadors of the game". TheFA.com. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- Paul Woloszyn and Paul Saffer (2009-09-03). "Ihringova enjoys refereeing chance". UEFA.com. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Chelsea vs. Arsenal 0 - 1". Soccerway.com. 2011-04-13. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Brazil - China PR". FIFA.com. 2004-11-24. Retrieved 2011-05-09.