|Born||August 1987 (age 27)
Ammanford, Wales, United Kingdom
Alexandra Roach (born 23 August 1987) is a Welsh actress. She is a fluent Welsh-speaker and appeared in long-running television soap Pobol Y Cwm in her early teens, winning Best Juvenile Actor in a Soap at the Children in Entertainment Awards. After leaving the show in 2005, Roach spent time with the National Youth Theatre of Wales before going on to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, graduating with a B.A. in acting in 2010. A number of high-profile roles followed, including Sasha in Being Human, Beth Partridge in Candy Cabs, and The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, where she played notorious child murderer Constance Kent. She starred as a young Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady, alongside Meryl Streep. She appears in the role of Helene in Sky Comedy's Hunderby in autumn 2012. Roach has also been cast as Molly in the film adaptation of Michael Morpurgo's 2003 novel Private Peaceful.
As of January 2013, Roach has starred in the British TV series Utopia.
On 8 August 2014, Roach appeared in the inaugural episode of the BBC comedy Walter.
|2003||Pobol Y Cwm||Elin||TV series (2003–2005)|
|2010||The IT Crowd||Stenographer||TV series (1 episode: "Reynholm vs Reynholm")|
|2011||Being Human||Sasha||TV series (1 episode: "Type 4")|
|Candy Cabs||Beth Partridge||TV series (3 episodes)|
|The Suspicions of Mr Whicher||Constance Kent||TV movie|
|New Tricks||Nina Ward||TV series (1 episode: "Moving Target")|
|The Iron Lady||Young Margaret Thatcher|
|2012||Night of the Loving Dead||Felicity||short|
|Trap for Cinderella||Do||post-production|
|Private Peaceful||Molly Monks||post-production|
|Anna Karenina||Countess Nordston|
|Girls' Night Out||Princess Elizabeth||post-production|
|Vicious||Chloe||TV series (1 episode: "Dinner Party")|
|One Chance||Julie-Ann Cooper|
|The Thirteenth Tale||Hester Barrow||TV film|
|Walter||Detective Constable Annie Hopkins||TV comedy drama "Pilot"|
|TBA||Testament of Youth||Filming|
- "Young actress wins soap award". BBC News. 2003-02-18. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- Jody Thompson (17 February 2011). "The Iron Lady: Alexandra Roach set to become star alongside Meryl Streep as young Margaret Thatcher". London: Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Comedy's A-List Join Julia Davis' Hunderby". Sky.com. Retrieved September 24, 2012.
- Cooper, Sarah (2011-08-19). "Screen Star Alexandra Roach joins all British cast of Private Peaceful". Screendaily.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Screen unveils 2011 Stars of Tomorrow". Screendaily.com. 2011-06-30. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- ""Vicious" Episode #1.5 (TV Episode 2013) - IMDb". IMDb. Retrieved 29 July 2014.