June 26, 1985 |
Montreal, QC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||197 lb (89 kg; 14 st 1 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Portland Pirates (AHL)
|NHL Draft||127th overall, 2003
St. Louis Blues
Alexandre Bolduc (born June 26, 1985) is a Canadian professional ice hockey centre who currently plays and Captains the Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League (AHL) whilst under contract to the Arizona Coyotes of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Bolduc played major junior in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) for four seasons with the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies and Shawinigan Cataractes. After his second season in the QMJHL, a 14-goal, 43-point campaign with the Huskies, he was selected in the fourth round, 127th overall, by the St. Louis Blues in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. However, at the end of his junior career, he was a free agent and signed with the Bakersfield Condors of the ECHL.
During his first season with the Condors, he moved up to the AHL with the Manitoba Moose. In 2007–08, Bolduc recorded a strong 37-point campaign with the Moose and was signed by the Moose's NHL affiliate, the Vancouver Canucks on July 9, 2008.
Continuing to play for the Moose as part of the Canucks' farm system in 2008–09 season, Bolduc was called up by the Canucks on November 25, 2008, to replace an injured Ryan Johnson and played his first NHL game on November 27 against the Calgary Flames. He scored his first career NHL goal against Craig Anderson of the Colorado Avalanche on January 2, 2011.
On July 5, 2013 Bolduc left the Coyotes, after recording no points with the club in two years as a member. He signed a one-year contract with the St.Louis Blues worth $550K. In the following 2013–14 he was assigned to their AHL affiliate, the Chicago Wolves, for the duration of the season scoring 37 points in 59 games.
On July 1, 2014, Bolduc agreed to return to the Coyotes organization, signing a one-year two way contract with Arizona.
- "Ex-Condor Bolduc signs with Canucks". The Bakersfield Californian. 2008-07-09. Retrieved 2008-11-28.[dead link]
- Vancouver Canucks (2008). "Canucks recall Bolduc". Canucks.com. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- "Canucks get Bieksa back for series against Flames". Globe and Mail. 2008-11-27. Archived from the original on 5 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- Sadowski, Rick (2011-01-02). "Raymond returns, helps Canucks beat Avs". NHL.com. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "NHL Free Agent Tracker". The Sports Network. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- "Coyotes sign Bolduc, Campbell, Hodgman, McKeena and Reese". Arizona Coyotes. 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2014-07-01.