Alexandria Senior High School
|Alexandria High School|
|800 Ola Lane
Alexandria, Louisiana 71303
|School district||Rapides Parish School Board|
|Vice principal||Mark Roberts|
|Faculty||63.3 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.2|
|Color(s)||Purple and Gold|
|Athletics conference||LHSAA 4A (East)|
Alexandria Senior High School is a public secondary school located in Alexandria, Louisiana, United States. The school serves about 1,100 students in grades 9 to 12 in the Rapides Parish School Board district.
Alexandria Senior High (commonly referred to as "ASH") first opened in the fall of 1969. A few months before the school opened, a makeshift student council was elected by the local junior and senior high school students that would be joining to create ASH's student body. This advisory board acted as a Student Council until one could be elected. During its first meeting, the council selected the school colors of purple and gold. The Council went on to choose its mascot, the Trojan, was chosen. In the 2010-2011 school year, Alexandria Senior High is the second largest school in the Parish.
The high schools sports teams, the ASH Trojans, are members of LHSAA. ASH is scheduled to move to the LHSAA's top classification, Class 5A, starting in August 2013. The Trojans have competed in the second highest classification, 4A, since the 1991-92 school year.
Sports offered: Football, Swimming (Boys & Girls), Golf, Cross Country, Soccer (Boys & Girls), Powerlifting (Boys & Girls), Basketball (Boys & Girl), Tennis (Boys & Girls), Baseball, Softball, Boys Track and Field (Outdoor & Indoor), Girls Track and Field (Outdoor & Indoor)Cheerleading,Band (Drumline), and Danceline.
Alexandria Senior High School principals
Since 1969, ASH has been served by seven principals:
- R. Raymond Bamburg- 1969-1983
- Aubrey Sanders - 1983-1990, 1991–1994
- Lyle Hutchinson - 1990-1991, 1994–1998
- Rita Guinn - 1998 - 2000
- Joe Moreau - 2001 - 2007
- Billy Albritton - 2007–2010
- Duane Urbina - 2010–Present
- Don Shows, former football coach
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (April 2008)|
- Chris Boniol (Class of 1990) -- American Football placekicker - Played collegiately at Louisiana Tech (1990–93) and professionally for the Dallas Cowboys (1994–96), Philadelphia Eagles (1997–1998), and Chicago Bears (1999). Won Super Bowl XXX with the Cowboys.
- Craig Nall (Class of 1997) -- American Football quarterback - Green Bay Packers (2002–05, 2007–present), Buffalo Bills (2006–07), Houston Texans (2007)
- Juan Pierre (Class of 1995) -- Professional baseball player - Colorado Rockies (2000–02), Florida Marlins (2003–05), Chicago Cubs (2006), and LA Dodgers (2007–present). Won the 2003 World Series as a member of the Marlins.
- Brandon Sawyer (Class of 1992) -- Writer (2000–02), Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing in Animation, The Penguins of Madagascar (2010)
- Scott Stoker (Class of 1985) -- American Football coach - Played collegiately at Northwestern State University
- Nic Harris (Class of 2005) -- American Football Linebacker - Carolina Panthers (2010–11), Buffalo Bills(2009–10)
- Taylor Mathews (Class of 2010) -- Musician
- Administration. Alexandria Senior High School. Retrieved on 2008-04-25.
- "Alexandria Senior High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2008-04-25.
Students: 1091 (2005-2006)
- LHSAA Member Schools - A. Louisiana High School Athletic Association. Retrieved on 2008-04-25.
- School History. Alexandria Senior High School. Retrieved on 2008-04-25.
- "School Information - History". Alexandria Senior High School. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "District At-a-glance" (PDF). Rapides Parish School Board. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- Alexandria Senior High School. onlinesports.com. Retrieved on 2008-04-25.