|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (June 2012)|
Aleksey Vladimirovich Kochetkov (Russian: Алексей Владимирович Кочетков; born 8 September 1971) is Russian political scientist, publicist, international expert. He was the general director of Commonwealth of the Independent States - Election Monitoring Organization from 2003 till 2013. He is the researcher and the author of some modern methodologies of election monitoring processes and election campaigns. In 2013 he headed the Foundation for Development Civil Society Institutions "Public Diplomacy".
In October 1993 he participated in 1993 Russian constitutional crisis. He was arrested and during 5 months stayed in Lefortovo prison. He got freedom due to the State Duma political amnesty, which it announced for participants of 1993 Russian constitutional crisis on February 23 in 1994.
Beginning from 1996 participated in a number of PR projects as a PR manager throughout the country-Leningrad, Pskov, Arkhangelsk, Vologda, Kemerovo, Primorsky krai and others. He worked in the State Duma as a consultant.
In 2004, he founded International Monitoring Organization CIS-EMO.
CIS-EMO played a minor role as an observer during the 2004 election campaign in Ukraine around the time of the Orange Revolution. There, Kochetkov complained that people wearing orange armbands had beaten him, an allegation that many dismissed as a ploy.
In 2005, during monitoring the Chişinău mayor elections, Kochetkov was arrested by communist Information and Security Service of the Republic of Moldova, put into the prison, where he stayed 8 days and after announcing the Note of Protest by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Sergey Lavrov he was deported to Moscow.
In 2008, he became the chief of the Centre for Monitoring of Democratic Processes ‘Quorum’.
He is the author of books and monographs:
- South Ossetia: Armed Aggression and Peacekeeping War 
- Transnistrian Moldavian Republic: Law Bases of Independence’ Recognition
- In the Center of Echo: Elections in Ukraine, 2010
- Dynamics in the developing of the democratic institutions in the Republic of South Ossetia in the first year after having been recognized 
- Abkhazian presidential elections, 2011 
- S. Byshok, A. Kochetkov. «Neonazis & Euromaidan: From Democracy to Dictatorship». ISBN 978-5-8041-0709-4
Awards and Honors
- In 2008 Aleksey Kochetkov was awarded a Medal ‘For Serving the Peace in South Ossetia’ by the President of South Ossetia Eduard Kokoity.
- In 2009 he was honored by the ‘Friendship Order’ of the Republic of South Ossetia by the President of South Ossetia.
- In 2010 he was presented with the ‘Letter of Thanks’ by the Head of the President Administration of the Russian Federation, Sergey Naryshkin, for strengthening of friendship and co-operation with foreign countries.
- In 2007 he received ‘Letter of Thanks’ from the Head of the Central Election Commission of Russia, Vladimir Churov for participation in organization of elections to State Duma of the Russian Federation.
- In 2008 he received ‘Letter of Thanks’ from the Head of the Central Election Commission of Russia, Vladimir Churov for participation in organization of President elections of the Russian Federation.
- In 2009 he received ‘Letter of Thanks’ from the Head of the Central Election Commission of Russia, Vladimir Churov for participation in organization of the United Day of Voting (regional elections in Russia).
- Election monitoring
- Foundation for Development Civil Society Institutions "Public Diplomacy".
- People.su - Interesting stories about famous people and their biographies
- Mystery of Iniquity: Events September 21 - October 5, 1993 // p. 130
- Official Biography
- "CIS: Monitoring The Election Monitors". Radio Free Europe.
- Transnistria.info: Russian observer deported from Moldova
- Defence Academy of the United Kingdom: 'Russian Foreign Policy: A Chronology'
- International press center Tskhinval-2008 to open in South Ossetian capital on August 25 with support of REGNUM News Agency
- "ODIHR recommend greater involvement of NGOs in the election monitoring". RIA Novosti.
- "International election observation: the search for truth or ritual?". REGNUM.
- "Observation of the parliamentary elections in the Russian Federation (4 December 2011)". Council of Europe Report, p. 10.
- "OSCE Human Dimension Seminar on The Role of Political Parties in the Political Process". OSCE ODIHR Final List of Participants, 20 May 2011.
- Общество и выборы
- Кочетков А., Мартынов А., Пискорский М. "Южная Осетия. Вооруженная агрессия и миротворческая война. История вопроса, свидетельства очевидцев, последствия для мира" ISBN 978-5-8041-0376-8
- South Ossetia: Armed Aggression and Peacekeeping War
- Динамика развития демократических институтов республики Южная Осетия в первый год признания независимости
- "Выборы Президента Абхазии : 2011 год / составитель Алексей Кочетков, ISBN 9785804105519". Stanford University Libraries.
- Official News Agency of South Ossetia 'RES': Organizers of the International Press Center "Tskhinvali - 2008" awarded state awards RSO