Alexey Grigorevich Ivakhnenko
Alexey Grigoryevich (Olexiy Hryhorovych) Ivakhnenko (30 March 1913 Kobeliaky, Ukraine, Russian empire, died 16 October 2007, Kiev) was a Ukrainian mathematician. He was an Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
Ivakhnenko graduated in 1938 from the Leningrad Institute of Electric Engineering. In 1944 he joined the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences in Kiev. From 1964 he was Head of the Combined Control Systems Division of the Glushkov Institute of Cyberneticsuk at the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
Ivakhnenko developed the Group Method of Data Handling (GMDH), which is a method of inductive statistical learning.
He was awarded:
- Order of Friendship of Peoples
- Medal "For Distinguished Labour"
- Medal "For Valiant Labour in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Two State Prizes of the USSR
- Heuristic Self-Organization in Problems of Engineering Cybernetics. Automatica, 6, 1970
|This article about a Ukrainian mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|