Alexey Miller, 2009
|Born||Alexey Borisovich Miller
31 January 1962
Leningrad, Russian SFSR
|Occupation||Deputy chairman of Gazprom|
Chairman Gazprom Neft: $2.8m.
Deputy Chairman Gazprom: $0.5m.
CEO Gazprom: ~$2m.
|Predecessor||Rem Viakhirev (CEO of Gazprom)|
Alexey Borisovich Miller (Russian: Алексе́й Бори́сович Ми́ллер; born 31 January 1962) is Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Management Committee (CEO) of Russian energy company Gazprom, Russia's largest company and the world's biggest natural gas producer.
Miller’s first role was as an engineer-economist in the general planning division of the Leningrad research institute of civil construction ‘LenNIIProekt’.
From 1991 to 1996 Miller served with the Committee for External Relations of the Saint Petersburg Mayor's Office under Vladimir Putin. From 1996 to 1999 he was Director for Development and Investments of the Port of Saint Petersburg. From 1999 to 2000 he served as Director General of the Baltic Pipeline System. In 2000 he was appointed Deputy Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation, and since 2001 he has served as Chairman of the Management Committee of Gazprom.
Awards and titles
In December 2005 Miller was named Person of the Year by Expert magazine, the influential and respected Russian business weekly. He shared the title in 2005 with Dmitry Medvedev, Chairman of the board of Gazprom.
Miller is also a recipient of:
- Order for the Services to the Fatherland, IV Class;
- Medal of the Order for the Services to the Fatherland, II Class;
- Order of the Hungarian Republic Cross, II Class, for the services in the energy cooperation sector;
- St. Mesrop Mashtots Order (Republic of Armenia);
- Dostyk (Friendship) Order, II Class (Republic of Kazakhstan);
- Order of Honor (Republic of South Ossetia);
- Order of Merit of the Italian Republic;
- Sergiy Radonezhsky Order of the Russian Orthodox Church, II Class;
- Patriarchal Merit Certificate.
- Gazprom’s Miller May Earn $5.3 Million for 2008, Vedomosti Says, Bloomberg.com, June 19, 2009
- A capitalist revolution. Gazprom's executives are ruthless politician-businessmen of the sort Britain once produced, The Guardian, January 7, 2009
- Русские немцы
- "Alexei Miller". EuropeanCEO.com. 25 November 2011. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Boyes, Roger (2009-01-08). "Comment: Gazprom is not a market player, it’s a political weapon". London: The Times. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alexey Miller.|
- Biography of Alexey Miller, Gazprom website
30 May 2001–present