9 May 1980 |
|Residence||Sochi, Krasnodar Krai|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||115 kg (250 lb; 18.1 st)|
|Achievements and titles|
A professional bobsleigher since 2002, Voyevoda won silver in the four-man bobsleigh event with teammates Philippe Egorov, Alexei Seliverstov, and Alexandre Zoubkov at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin. He also won a bronze in the two-man event at the 2008 FIBT World Championships in Altenberg, Germany. At the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Voyevoda won a bronze in the two-man event.
Voyevoda holds a good deal of recognition as a professional arm wrestler, having secured several Russian arm wrestling championships. His triumph over legendary arm-wrestler John Brzenk, was immortalized in the feature length documentary, "Pulling John", directed by Sevan Matossian. The film, "Pulling John", also chronicles his life and training in Russia. He was defeated by Travis Bagent at the 2003 WAF championship, but won the Zloty Tur 2004 cup one year later, defeating high level armwrestlers such as Bagent, Brzenk, Matt Girdner, and Alexy Semerenko. Voyevoda reclaimed the WAF championship in 2004 (left- and right-handed) and won the European Championship the same year. After a left hand vendetta match with Alexey Semerenko (winning 4-2) and Travis Bagent (losing 5-1) in 2005, Voyevoda took a break from his professional arm wrestling career to return bobsleigh training until 2007. As of 2007, Alexey Voyevoda returned to the arm wrestling scene once again, he won a vendetta match 6-0 against Michael Todd from USA in Bulgaria on May 26. After that short comeback he resigned from the armwrestling scene due to his bobsleigh training and Olympic judo training and since then, has not appeared in any other event.
- Height: 194 cm ... 6 ft 4½ in.
- Weight: Varies between 114 kg(for bobsledding) and 126 kg (for armwrestling).
- Arm: 52 cm ... 20.5 in.
- Forearm: 48 cm ... 18.9 in.
- Wrist: 23 cm ... 9.05 in.
- Fist: 28 cm ... 11 in.
- Max wrist curl ...130 kg
- Max. Bench ... 240 kg twice narrow grip (http://www.xsportnews.com/armwrestling/interview-alexey-voevoda-about-armwrestling-and-bobsleigh/)
- Max partial biceps curl ... 165 kg.
- Max one hand isometric hold ... 350 kg. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmtqEg6JuNQ / 35minute40second~ record.)
- Partial Squat ... 430 kg
- Deadlift ... 350 kg (no equipment)
- Armpower.net- News, Armpower magazine, Vendetta, pictures, ranking, links etc.
- Bobsleigh four-man Olympic medalists for 1924, 1932-56, and since 1964
- Bobsleigh two-man world championship medalists since 1931
- FIBT profile
- World of Armwrestling- News, videoclips, pictures, profiles, results, tournament calendar, ranking, links etc.
- Photo Gallery and forum
- Video: Miscellaneous Training and Competition Clips