|Born||January 28, 1976|
|Origin||New York, New York|
|Labels||Motéma Music, Venus Records|
Alexis Cole is an American jazz singer.
Cole won a Swing Journal Gold Disk award, and competitions at NY Jazzmobile and the Montreux Jazz Festival. She records for Motéma Music and Venus Records. Her recordings have featured Fred Hersch, Eric Alexander, Matt Wilson, Harry Pickens, Don Braden and Pat LaBarbara. In addition to jazz club performances, she has performed at the Kennedy Center and been a featured soloist at Avery Fisher Hall with the NY Philharmonic Brass. She is currently[when?] the full-time jazz vocalist with the West Point Band Jazz Knights.
- Very Early (independent self-release, 1999) with Harry Pickens. [CD Baby - UPC: 625309009730]
- Nearer The Sun (Canopy Jazz, 2005) [CD Baby - UPC: 820360112126]
- Zingaro (Canopy Jazz, 2007) with Ron Affif, Jeff Eckels. [CD Baby - UPC: 820360127427]
- The Greatest Gift: Songs Of The Season (Motéma Music #026, 2009)
- Someday My Prince Will Come (Venus #VHCD-1035, 2010) with Fred Hersch, Steve LaSpina, Matt Wilson
- Turning Points (United States Military Academy/USMA Records, 2010) with West Point Band's Jazz Knights
- You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To (Venus #VHCD-1046, 2011) with One For All (NYC's premier hard-bop jazz sextet)
- I Carry Your Heart: Alexis Cole Sings Pepper Adams (Motéma Music #102, 2012) with Pat LaBarbara, Eric Alexander, Jeremy Kahn, Dennis Carroll, George Fludas.
- Close Your Eyes: The Sultry Sound Of Jazz (Venus #VHCD-1131, 2013) with John DiMartino, James Cammack, Duduka DaFonceca.
- A Kiss In The Dark (Chesky #JD-366, 2014)