|Full name||Alexis Ruano Delgado|
|Date of birth||4 August 1985|
|Place of birth||Málaga, Spain|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2012–2013||→ Getafe (loan)||38||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 October 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Málaga / Getafe
Born in Málaga, Alexis joined Getafe CF from Málaga CF for the 2006–07 season, for €2.5 million. He had played for the Andalusia club for three years, after having appeared in as many years with the B-team, two of those spent in the second division; he would first appear for the main squad on 15 February 2004, playing eight minutes in a 5–2 home win against RCD Espanyol.
Alexis' impressive performances for Getafe attracted some of the world's biggest clubs including A.C. Milan, Valencia CF, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. Valencia won his services and signed him to a €6.5 million deal at the Mestalla Stadium that ran until 2013, beating off competition from Real Madrid.
After spending most of the 2007–08 campaign sidelined with a severe knee injury, Alexis helped Valencia win the 2008 Copa del Rey, netting the second goal in a 3–1 win over former club Getafe in the final, after Juan Mata had scored the opener.
On 14 September 2008 Alexis, who started the season as Raúl Albiol centre-back partner, netted in a 2–2 draw at UD Almería, but also spent two months in the sidelines due to a pubalgia ailment. He appeared in 24 games in the following campaign, helping the Che to a third-place in La Liga and former side Málaga avoid relegation, as he headed home in the last-minute of the home fixture against CD Tenerife, which dropped down a level instead with that 0–1 loss.
On 24 August 2010 Alexis joined Sevilla FC for €5 million, signing a six-year contract with the Rojiblancos as a replacement for Arsenal-bound Sébastien Squillaci. He appeared in 21 league games in his first year (26 overall) as the team finished fifth and qualified to the UEFA Europa League.
In just the second game of the 2011–12 season – his first – Alexis salvaged a point for Sevilla with an 86th-minute header away against Villarreal CF (2–2). He would only be fourth of fifth-choice stopper for new manager Marcelino García Toral, however; in late February 2012, even though the winter transfer window had already closed, he was allowed to join former club Getafe on loan until the end of the season, as the Madrid outskirts side was immerse in a deep injury crisis to its defensive sector. The move was extended for the entire 2012–13.
- Getafe hand Madrid first defeat; UEFA.com, 14 October 2006
- "Valencia beat Madrid to sign Alexis". Goal.com. Archived from the original on 31 March 2007. Retrieved 1 April 2007.
- Valencia get bad news on Alexis; UEFA.com, 5 November 2007
- Cup triumph salvages Valencia season; UEFA.com, 16 April 2008
- "Alexis sends Tenerife down". ESPN Soccernet. 16 May 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Sevilla sign Alexis, Valencia lose Soldado; UEFA.com, 24 August 2010
- "Villarreal claim battling draw". ESPN Soccernet. 10 September 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Alexis llega cedido al Getafe hasta junio" [Alexis loaned to Getafe until June] (in Spanish). Marca. 23 February 2012. Retrieved 24 February 2012.