Alfa Romeo 169
|Predecessor||Alfa Romeo 166|
|Class||Executive car/Full-size car|
|Layout||Front-engine, rear-wheel drive layout|
The Alfa Romeo 169 (internal name Progetto 941) is the purported name of the executive car that is expected to be the replacement for the long running Alfa Romeo 166, which was discontinued in 2007.
Originally planned to be launched in 2008, it has been continually pushed back due to different problems. At the launch of the Alfa Romeo MiTo on June 19, 2008, Alfa's CEO Luca De Meo revealed that while the Alfa Romeo 169 was definitely going to be made, development had to be pushed back a year while a suitable FR platform was sourced.
The 169 was not present in Fiat Group Automobiles product plan for 2010–2014, despite the claims of Fiat and Chrysler CEO, Sergio Marchionne, of Fiat S.p.A.'s aim to make Alfa Romeo a true full-line car maker. The 169 was again present in product plan for 2010-2014 presented by Fiat S.p.A in 14 September 2011, now the start date as late 2014.
- "Progetto 941". topspeed.com. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- italiaspeed.com/2005. "31.10.2005 Italiaspeed exclusive - 2008 Alfa Romeo 169 preview". Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- "Interview with Luca De Meo: Alfa's plans for the future". eurocarblog.com. 2008. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- Sergio Marchionne (2010). "Fiat Group Automobiles - A way forward" (PDF). fiatgroup.com. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Alfa Romeo planning U.S return with help from Chrysler". leftlanenews.com. Retrieved 2010-07-30.
- "Alfa Romeo & Jeep: iconic brands to play globally" (PDF). Fiat SpA. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
|« previous — Alfa Romeo Automobiles S.p.A., a subsidiary of the Fiat S.p.A. since 1986, car timeline, 1980s–present|
|Small family car||Arna|
|…Alfasud||33||145 / 146||147||Giulietta (940)|
|Compact executive car||Giulietta (116)||75 / Milano||155||156||159||Giulia|
|…Alfetta GT/GTV and GTV6||GTV (916)||Brera|
|Roadster||…Spider||Spider (916)||Spider (939)||Spider|
|Sports car||SZ||RZ||8C Competizione||4C|
|Racing car||179 / 182 / 183T / 184T / 185T||155 V6 TI|