Alfa Romeo 800
|Alfa Romeo 800
Alfa Romeo 800RE
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Commercial vehicle, military vehicle|
|Body style||extended cab, sleeper cab|
|Engine||8,725 cc 108 hp (81 kW) 6-cylinder diesel|
|Length||6.84 m (269 in)|
|Width||2.35 m (93 in)|
|Height||2.85 m (112 in)|
|Kerb weight||5,500 kg (12,125 lb)|
The Alfa Romeo 800 is a heavy truck produced by Alfa Romeo between 1940 to 1947. It was first produced as a military version 800RE and after the war as civilian version. The military version was initially used only in the Italian Army ("Regio Esercito"), mainly in North Africa, Russia and occupied France. The 800 was equipped with 8.7 L diesel engine with fuel injection, it could reach top speed of 50 kilometres per hour (31 mph). There were also gas generator and a gasoline models produced. A half track prototype version a CSEM 800RE (Centro Studi ed Esperienze della Motorizzazione - the Italian Army's vehicle research and development organization) was also made for Italian army.
The 800 was replaced by the model 900.
- "Alfa Romeo » 800RE". www.trucksplanet.com. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- "Alfa-Romeo 800 Specifications". ww2armor.jexiste.fr. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- "Alfa Romeo 800". trucksplanet. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- "Lastkraftwagen 6,5 t Alpha (i) Typ 800 R.E.". german.o5m6.de. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- "Alfa Romeo 800RE CSEM". www.trucksplanet.com/catalog. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
|This truck-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|