Allen at a book signing in Belfast in November 2009
|Born||Alfie Evan Allen
12 September 1986
Hammersmith, London, England
|Alma mater||St John's College
Fine Arts College
|Home town||Islington, London, England|
|Television||Game of Thrones|
|Relatives||Lily Allen (sister)
Sam Smith (cousin)
Kevin Allen (uncle)
Alfie Evan Allen (born 12 September 1986) is an English actor. He is best known for portraying Theon Greyjoy in the HBO series Game of Thrones since 2011, a role that he will continue to play once more in Season 5.
Allen was born in Hammersmith, London, the son of film producer Alison Owen and Welsh-born actor Keith Allen. His older sister is singer Lily Allen; her song "Alfie" is about him. He went to St John's College in Portsmouth and the Fine Arts College in Hampstead, where he studied for his A-levels. He is also the third cousin of British singer Sam Smith.
Allen's first professional appearance was in a one-off Channel 4 comedy, You Are Here in 1998, co-written by Matt Lucas and David Walliams. The same year, Allen and his sister Lily appeared in the 1998 film, Elizabeth, which was produced by their mother.
His early work included small roles in Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London, directed by his uncle Kevin Allen, the film Atonement and in BBC1's historical hospital drama, Casualty 1907, as Nobby Clark. Starting in Chichester on 31 January 2008, he took over Daniel Radcliffe's role in a revival of Equus on a nationwide tour.
Allen came to international attention when he was cast as Theon Greyjoy in the HBO medieval fantasy series Game of Thrones in 2011. He has continued to work in films, appearing in Soulboy, The Kid, Freestyle and Powder in 2010. In 2012, he will star in the upcoming British thriller, Confine.
|2004||Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London||Berkhamp on Double Bass|
|2007||Boy A||Eric Wilson||Credited as Alfie Owen|
|2008||Flashbacks of a Fool||Kevin Hubble|
|2008||Casualty 1907||Nobby Clark||TV series|
|2008||The Other Boleyn Girl||King's Messenger|
|2011–present||Game of Thrones||Theon Greyjoy||TV series|
|2014||John Wick||Iosef Tarasov|
- "Carice van Houten heads back to Westeros, and new photos from Lokrum and Moneyglass". Watchers On The Wall. August 19, 2014. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- "Cast & Crew: Theon Greyjoy". HBO. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Lily Allen: "No Thanks!" To Incestuous Game Of Thrones Role Opposite Brother Alfie's Theon". Yahoo. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Barratt, Nick. "Family detective". The Daily Telegraph. 19 May 2007. Retrieved 23 June 2007.
- Fisher, Alice (5 September 2010). "Alfie Allen: 'I prefer playing baddies'". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- Plagenoef, Scott (6 November 2006). "Interview:Lily Allen". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- "Nick Grimshaw and BBC Sound of winner Sam Smith joke about Lily Allen's 'big mouth'". New Musical Express. 10 January 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "With a leading role in the new series of Game of Thrones, Alfie Allen speaks about stepping out the shadow of his famous family". Northampton Chronicle. 4 April 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- Fox, Killian (9 September 2009). "Rising star: Alfie Allen, actor". The Observer. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Alfie Allen takes on Equus role". BBC News. 26 October 2007. Retrieved 23 January 2008.
- Matchell, Ben (22 April 2012). "Game of Thrones – Alfie Allen: "I want people to know who I am"". Radio Times. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "SoulBoy – Alfie Allen". YouTube. 1 September 2010. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- French, Philip (28 August 2011). "Powder – review". The Observer. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- Cooper, Sarah (1 February 2012). "Daisy Lowe, Alfie Allen to star in London thriller Confine". Screen Daily. Retrieved 24 April 2012.