|Born||4 June 1894
|Died||12 August 1985
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1920)
|Service/branch||Deutsches Heer (1913–1918)
|Years of service||1913–1920
|Commands held||2. Flak-Division (mot.)|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
|Other work||Police officer|
Alfons Luczny (4 June 1894 – 12 August 1985) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Luftwaffe during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Alfons Luczny was captured by American troops in May 1945, he was handed over to Soviet forces and held until October 1955.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (22 November 1914)
- 1st Class (4 September 1916)
- Knight's Cross of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords (2 October 1918)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (7 July 1940)
- 1st Class (19 July 1940)
- Anti-Aircraft Flak Battle Badge
- German Cross in Gold (29 March 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 9 June 1944 as Generalleutnant and commander of 2. Flak-Division (mot.)
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (10 February 1944)
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 243.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Alfons Luczny @ Axis Biographical Research at the Wayback Machine (archived November 17, 2010)
- World War 2 Awards.com
Generalleutnant Heino von Rantzau
|Commander of 2. Flak-Division (mot.)
1 October 1943 – 15 November 1944
Oberst Fritz Laicher