Alfonso H. Lopez
|Alfonso H. Lopez|
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates
from the 49th district
January 11, 2012
|Preceded by||Adam Ebbin|
July 28, 1970 |
|Alma mater||Vassar College, Tulane University Law School|
|Committees||Militia, Police, and Public Safety
Science and Technology
Alfonso H. Lopez (born July 28, 1970) is an American politician. He has served in the Virginia House of Delegates since January 2012, representing the 49th district, which includes parts of southern Arlington and eastern Fairfax Counties, in the Washington, D.C. suburbs. He is a member of the Democratic Party, and an at-large member of the Democratic National Committee.
Lopez has served on the House committees on Militia, Police and Public Safety; and Science and Technology.
Early life, education
Lopez was born in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. He attended Robinson Secondary School in Fairfax County, Virginia, graduating in 1988. He received a B.A. degree from Vassar College in 1992 and a J.D. from the Tulane University Law School in 1995.
Director of the Virginia Liaison Office
Lopez served as Governor Tim Kaine’s Director of the Virginia Liaison Office in Washington, D.C., where he directed and supervised all Congressional and Federal Relations for the Commonwealth. He also served as the Governor's representative to the National Governors Association, Democratic Governors Association and the Southern Governors Association.
Assistant Administrator at the U.S. Small Business Administration
Alfonso served as the Assistant Administrator for Congressional and Legislative Affairs of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). In this position, he worked to enact legislative proposals in economic development, job creation, lending, contracting and innovation. He also helped lead the SBA effort to pass the Small Business Jobs Act.
|Virginia House of Delegates, 49th district|
|Aug 23, 2011||Democratic primary||Alfonso H. Lopez||2,143||65.93|
|Stephanie L. Clifford||1,107||34.06|
|Nov 8, 2011||General||Alfonso H. Lopez||Democratic||7,005||95.89|
|Adam Ebbin was elected to the Senate; seat stayed Democratic|
- "Bio for Alfonso H. Lopez". Virginia House of Delegates. Retrieved 2013-06-06.
- "Legislative Information System". Virginia General Assembly. Retrieved 2013-06-06.
- "Meet Alfonso". Alfonso Lopez for Delegate. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "August 2011 Democratic Primary Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2013-06-06.
- "November 2011 General Election Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2013-06-06.
- "Alfonso Lopez". Virginia Public Access Project. (campaign finance)
- "Delegate Alfonso Lopez (D-Arlington)". Richmond Sunlight.
- "Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections.
|This article about a member of the Virginia House of Delegates is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|