The Right Reverend Alfred BlomfieldDD (1833–1894) was an eminent Anglican Bishop  in the last decades of the 19th century.
Alfred was the son of the Right Reverend Charles James Blomfield and brother of the architect Sir Arthur Blomfield. He was educated at Harrow and Balliol before being awarded a Fellowship at All Souls. From 1857 he was a Curate at Kidderminster, then its Vicar. After this he held further incumbencies in Stepney and Barking, was Archdeacon of Essex (1878–1882) before a 12-year spell as Bishop of Colchester and Archdeacon of Colchester from 1882 until 1894.
- ^ NPG details
- ^ Obituary- The Bishop Of Colchester The TimesTuesday, Nov 06, 1894; pg. 10; Issue 34414; col C
- ^ ”Church History in Queen Victoria's Reign” Fowler,M: Whitefish Kessinger Publishing, 2005 ISBN 1-4179-7356-0
- ^ His father was Bishop of London from 1828 to 1856 > “ A memoir of Charles James Blomfield” Blomfield,A: London, B.Fellowes, 1863
- ^ "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- ^ The Times, Thursday, Jan 03, 1894; pg. 3; Issue 34464; col G Ecclesiastical Intelligence- New Bishop of Colchester