|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2012)|
Biography and Career
Nigro was born in Manduria and grew up in Erchie (Brindisi). After studying at the Conservatory "Nino Rota" of Monopoli (a town in province of Bari), the tenor studied at the Academy of High for Opera Singers at La Scala in Milan from 2001 to 2003. His teachers included Leyla Gencer, Teresa Berganza, Ghena Dimitrova, Luigi Alva and Luciana Serra.
He sang in the World Premiere of Narciso Sabbadini's "The Divine Providence" (for the beatification of Don Giovanni Calabria) with the "Virtuosi di Praga" to "Social" in Mantua, the "Philharmonic" of Verona and the Opera House in Prague for Czech Radio and TV.
At the Teatro della Scala in Milan, he sang Giuseppe Verdi's Un giorno di Regno,
He performed the role of Malcolm in Macbeth by Giuseppe Verdi (under the direction of Sir Charles Mackerras) at the Edinburgh Festival, at the Teatro Maestranza in Seville, at the Teatro della Scala in Milan and the Opera Bastille in Paris.
He performed at the new Auditorium Santa Cecilia Academy in Rome (directed by Myung-whun Chung) at the Teatro San Carlo in Naples (directed by Gary Bertini) and the opening Scaligera 2007/08 (directed by Daniel Barenboim). He also starred as the Junge Seemann in "Tristan and Isolde" by Richard Wagner.
Nigro 'performed at the prestigious Festival of Schubert in Schwarzenberg (Austria) at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées in Paris and at the Vilnius Opera Festival, Toronto Opera Festival, Saint Petersburg (Russia),Tokyo, Kyoto, Madrid and others. Alfredo Nigro live in Germering(Bavaria, Germany) with his wife Violeta Urmana Lithuanian Ikon Mezzosoprano and Soprano.
- Mozart - Don Giovanni (Don Ottavio)
- Mozart - La Clemenza di Tito (Tito)
- H. Berlioz - Les Troyens ( Iopas )
- G.Verdi - La Traviata (Alfredo)
- G.Verdi - Macbeth ( Macduff/Malcolm)
- G.Verdi - Falstaff (Fenton)
- G.Verdi - Otello (Cassio)
- G.Verdi - Nabucco (Ismaele)
- V. Bellini - La Sonnambula (Elvino)
- V.Bellini - I Capuleti e Montecchi (Tebaldo)
- G. Donizetti - Roberto Devereux (Roberto)
- G.Donizetti - Lucia di Lammermoor ( Edgardo/Arturo)
- G.Donizetti - L’Elisir d’amore ( Nemorino)
- R.Wagner - Tristan und Isolde (Junge SeeMann, Melot, The Hirt)
- Mozart - Requiem
- G.Verdi - Requiem
- G.Verdi - Tantum Ergo
- G.Rossini - Petite Messe Solennelle
- F.Mendelssohn-Simphonie n.2 (Lobgesang)
- Samson et Dalila, (2002)
- Iphigénie en Aulide, (2002)
- Tristan und Isolde, (2007)
- Macbeth, (2009)
- Puccini Ritrovato, cd/DG ( 2009 )