|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (June 2013)|
|Industry||Network Security Policy Management|
|Founder||Dr. Avishai Wool|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, USA|
|Yuval Baron (CEO)|
|Products||AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer, AlgoSec FireFlow, AlgoSec BusinessFlow|
AlgoSec's products automate the management and enforcement of security policies across firewalls, routers, virtual private networks (VPNs), and related security devices. Enterprises use AlgoSec's products to manage the configuration of their security systems, identify vulnerabilities, test the systems against their security policies, reduce administrative costs, and ensure compliance to regulations such as PCI-DSS and Sarbanes-Oxley.
AlgoSec delivers its products both as standalone modules as well as via an integrated suite, the AlgoSec Security Management Suite, which includes:
- AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer: automates the auditing and analysis of firewalls, routers, VPNs and other security devices.
- AlgoSec FireFlow: automates security change management workflow.
- AlgoSec BusinessFlow: automatically translates business application connectivity needs into necessary firewall rules.
AlgoSec’s core technology was developed in 2001 by Dr. Avishai Wool and his team of researchers at Bell Laboratories. Dr. Wool teamed up with Yuval Baron to found AlgoSec in 2003. At that time, the company was headquartered in Reston, Virginia. In 2010, AlgoSec moved its headquarters and North American sales office to Roswell, Georgia (Atlanta area). In 2012, AlgoSec moved its headquarters to Boston, Massachusetts. Today, in addition to its Boston office, AlgoSec has sales offices in London and Singapore, and a Research and Development Center in Petah Tikva, Israel and London.
AlgoSec's customers include enterprises, managed service providers, auditors, and consultants throughout the world.
- Kalat, Andrew (12 August 2011). "How To Sell Firewall Policy Management Tools". CRN. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Wilson, Tim (10 November 2010). "SOC 2.0: A Crystal-Ball Glimpse Of The Next-Generation Security Operations Center". Security Dark Reading. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Ogren, Eric (10 January 2011). "Firewall rules management fine-tunes operations". Computerworld. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Smithers, Rob (7 December 2010). "Review: Firewall operations management". Computerworld. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Roiter, Neil (14 March 2011). "AlgoSec Integrates Firewall Analysis, Workflow Products". Network Computing. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Peter, Stephenson (1 June 2012). "AlgoSec Security Management Suite, plus". SC Magazine. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "AlgoSec, Inc.". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Hottest products at RSA Conference 2013" by Ellen Messmer, NetworkWorld, 25 February 2013 (accessed 2013-03-19)
- "AlgoSec Unveils Enhanced Security Management Suite Featuring Innovative Application-Centric Policy Management" Dark Reading, 25 February 2013 (accessed 2013-03-19)
- "Firewall Management Emerges as Bigger Channel Opportunity" by Mike Vizard, BridgeMetrics, January 11, 2013 (accessed 2013-03-19)
- "10 Hot Emerging Vendors" by CRN Staff, Computer Reseller News (CRN), 21 March 2011 (accessed 2011-09-29)
- "AlgoSec Enhances Security Features with AlgoSec 6.0" by The VAR Guy, Nine Lives Media, Inc. (a division of Penton Media), 14 March 2011 (accessed 2011-09-29)
- Playing with Fire, The Official AlgoSec Blog