|Single by Daniel Diges|
|from the album Daniel Diges|
|Released||April 13, 2010|
|Label||Warner Music Spain|
Luis Miguel de la Varga
|Producer||Alejandro de Pinedo|
|Daniel Diges singles chronology|
"Algo pequeñito" (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈalɣo pekeˈɲito], "Something Tiny") is a song performed by Daniel Diges and composed by Jesús Cañadilla with the collaboration of Luis Miguel de la Varga, Alberto Jodar and Daniel Diges himself, which represented Spain at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010. The song, which is based on the classic waltz rhythm, was the winner of the Spanish national final Eurovisión: Destino Oslo, held on February 22. It is the first single released from his self-titled album Daniel Diges.
"Algo pequeñito" is the second song ever written by its author, Jesús Cañadilla, a fan of the Eurovision Song Contest. He had previously written the song "Sumando puntos" to submit it to the Spanish Eurovision preselection of 2009, sung by himself under the stage name Bayarte. Once he had written the song "Algo pequeñito" he contacted several potential performers without luck. He eventually contacted actor Daniel Diges through a friend and he liked the song. On January 5, 2010, seven days before the closing date for submissions, Daniel Diges flew from Tenerife, where he was on tour with the musical Mamma Mia!, to Madrid to record the song. Alejandro de Pinedo took charge of the musical production.
Once the song was chosen as the Spanish Eurovision entry, a mastered version was made public on March 11, 2010. In the mastered version, computer sounds were replaced by real instruments and Daniel gave the song a more rock influence with his vocal performance, mirroring his live performance at the Spanish national final. On April 13, 2010, the song was made available for digital download on iTunes.
The song automatically qualified for the final of the contest on May 29, 2010. It finished 15th with 68 points.
The performance at the finals was disturbed as a known stunt-man named Jaume Marquet Cot (better known as Jimmy Jump) stormed the stage during Diges' performance. In accordance with the rules he was allowed to perform again after the last song.
During the second weekend of March 2010 (March 12–14), a music video for "Algo pequeñito" was shot by director Santiago Tabernero at outdoor and indoor locations in Madrid. The video, which was released on March 19, is set in an abandoned circus that comes back to life with the song, and depicts Daniel Diges as the circus master.
|Spanish Singles Chart||5|
- "Daniel Diges canta "Algo pequeñito"" (in Spanish). Radiotelevisión Española. February 23, 2010.
- "Spain 2010 profile". Eurovision.tv (Official site).
- Hondal, Victor (February 22, 2010). "Spain sends Daniel Diges to the Eurovision Song Contest". ESCToday. Archived from the original on February 25, 2010. Retrieved February 23, 2010.
- Escudero, Victor M. (February 22, 2010). "Spain: Daniel Diges to Oslo!". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved February 22, 2010.
- "La historia tras el vals que irá a Eurovisión" (in Spanish). El País. February 25, 2010.
- "Daniel Diges, el representante de TVE en Eurovisión, graba la nueva versión masterizada de "Algo pequeñito"" (in Spanish). Radiotelevisión Española. March 11, 2010.
- Jiandani, Sanjay (March 12, 2010). "Daniel releases mastered version of "Algo pequeñito"". ESCToday.
- "Algo pequeñito (Eurovisión) - Single". iTunes.
- "Daniel Diges: "Mi álbum tendrá dos versiones de 'Algo pequeñito'"" (in Spanish). Rtve.es. April 19, 2010.
- Hondal, Victor (May 1, 2010). "Spain: Daniel Diges' debut CD in stores on May 11". Esctoday.com. Archived from the original on May 03 2010. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- "Kjent stuntmann stormet scenen under MGP-finalen". Dagbladet (in Norwegian) (Dagbladet). May 29, 2010. Archived from the original on June 01 2010. Retrieved May 29, 2010.
- "Spania får fremføre på nytt". NRK (in Norwegian) (NRK). May 29, 2010. Archived from the original on June 01 2010. Retrieved May 29, 2010.
- "Jimmy Jump sprang in på scenen mitt i direktsändning i Eurovision Song Contest-finalen under Spaniens bidrag | Melodifestivalen 2010 | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet". Aftonbladet.se. Retrieved December 6, 2011.
- "Jimmy Jump salta al escenario durante la actuación de España en Eurovisión". Lavozdegalicia.es. Retrieved December 6, 2011.
- nrk. "Esc: Jimmy Jump Crashes Eurovision-Stage". YouTube. Retrieved December 6, 2011.
- "Daniel Diges graba el videoclip de "Algo pequeñito"" (in Spanish). Radiotelevisión Española. March 15, 2010.
- "Ya puedes ver el videoclip oficial de "Algo pequeñito"" (in Spanish). Radiotelevisión Española. March 19, 2010.
- Jiandani, Sanjay (March 15, 2010). "Making of "Algo pequeñito" video". ESCToday.
- "Anne-Marie David versiona Algo pequeñito de Daniel Diges" (in Spanish). eurovision-spain.com. November 24, 2011.
- "Spanishcharts.com – Daniel Diges – Algo pequeñito". Canciones Top 50. Hung Medien.
- Official music video at YouTube
- Profile and lyrics at Eurovision.tv
- Profile and lyrics at BBC Online
- Profile and lyrics at The Diggiloo Thrush