|Broadcast area||Eastern Cape|
|Slogan||From the Garden Route to the Wild Coast|
|Frequency||94.0 - 97.0 MHz|
|First air date||1980s|
|Owner||African Media Entertainment group (AME)|
Algoa FM is a Commercial radio station established to cater for the needs of the Eastern Cape and the Garden Route of South Africa in the 1980s and is still a driving force in the media of the present day.
The station is licenced to broadcast as an Adult Contemporary radio station and plays music suited for the tastes of the people in the region of the Eastern Cape and Garden Route. This is monitored by the South African licensing authority known as the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, or ICASA.
Recent Footprint Extension
In an unprecedented move for the radio industry of South Africa, Algoa FM has been granted an extension to their licensed broadcast region by ICASA and have added two extra transmitters that will extend their range outward, across the Garden Route to Mossel Bay. Algoa FM will reach popular coastal towns of Knysna, George, Wilderness and Sedgefield.
Algoa FM, together with Free State’s OFM and radio sales house United Stations are part of the African Media Entertainment group (AME). AME is a focused media group with clearly identified expansion objectives and core interests in the production, distribution and other commercial exploitation of all forms of content for the media, communication and entertainment industries.
- Algoa FM aspires to be the leading and most admired media brand
- To provide entertaining and informative content to our target market
- To maintain a culture of service excellence
- To nurture an environment conducive to initiative, creative expression and personal responsibility
- To nurture a fervent commitment to our community
Algoa FM operate from Digital studios in their head offices based at The Boardwalk Casino and Shopping Complex in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. The Border Drive also broadcasts through the Algoa FM signal as a transmitter split from 3pm till 7pm from Monday to Friday from the offices and studio based in East London at the Hemingways Casino and Shopping Complex during the same time as Algoa FM's drive show, The Fastlane. This is as part of the licence agreement with ICASA
A map and break down of areas as well as frequencies can be found here: Footprint
- Predominantly English
- Age Group 25 - 49, upper income earners
|7 Day||Ave. Mon-Fri|
|May 2013||665 000||315 000|
|Feb 2013||717 000||326 000|
|Dec 2012||748 000||352 000|
|Oct 2012||774 000||379 000|
|Aug 2012||729 000||354 000|
|Jun 2012||710 000||339 000|
- The Annual Guide to Radio in South Africa (AdVantage 2012). Media 24. 2012.
- Algoa FM Website
- SAARF RAMS (Presentations)
- Algoa FM: Regional Radio Station Eastern Cape South Africa
- ICASA: Regulator for the South African Communications sector
- The Boardwalk Casino Complex
- African Media Entertainment
- United Stations: Radio sales house
- Algoa FM Live Streaming Online 1
- Algoa FM Live Streaming Online 2
- Algoa FM Live Streaming Online 3
- Algoa FM Facebook Page
- SAARF Website
- Sentech Website