Alguien Te Mira
|Alguien te mira|
|Directed by||María Eugenia Rencoret|
|Opening theme||"When I See You Smile" (Bad English)|
|Country of origin||Chile|
|No. of episodes||78|
|First shown in||Santiago, 2008|
Alguien te mira is a telenovela from Televisión Nacional de Chile. Directed by María Eugenia Rencoret, produced by Daniela Demichelli and written by Pablo Illanes and Nona Fernández. The telenovela marked a change in themes from earlier night time productions from the state channel, being that this time the main themes were not troubled couple relationships and sex, but this time the main theme was associated with a serial killer, who kills women by taking their hearts. The debut date was April 30, 2007, and the last episode took place on August 16 of the same year.
Rodrigo Quintana, Piedad Estévez, Julián García and Benjamín Morandé are inseparable friends. Idealistic in their planning of future projects, they study medicine and dream of working together to help the needy.
Rodrigo (Francisco Melo) is the most charming and intelligent, and is the natural leader of the group. His personality wins over Piedad (Sigrid Alegría) with whom he shares an intense but tumultuous love, while Julián (Álvaro Rudolphy) loves Piedad in silence. Rodrigo's drug and alcohol addiction result in the deterioration of his relationship with Piedad. He reaches a point where he disappears from his friends' lives, after a confusing incident that results in a dead body and in Piedad being hospitalized.
Rodrigo Quintana leaves his friends and his studies to admit himself into a rehabilitation center outside of Chile. Piedad is never the same again.
Now, 15 years later, when Benjamín, Julián, and Piedad have forgotten about the past, Rodrigo returns to their lives. Partners in an ophthalmology practice, the three doctors find that Rodrigo Quintana's return from Europe continues to bother them. The friends have changed. Quintana opts for an austere lifestyle in a rural clinic, while his friends accumulate a small fortune operating on the eyes of high-society people.
Rodrigo's return breaks Piedad's daily routine, who discovers that in spite of everything, Rodrigo is still the love of her life.
Meanwhile Julián—divorced for a year from Matilde (Alejandra Fosalba)—becomes preoccupied with Piedad. It bothers Julián that history could repeat itself, and that Rodrigo could finally succeed in taking away the woman Julián's always loved but has never been able to have.
But love is not the only thing that changes the lives of this group of friends. While they are all at a benefit event, they are witnesses to a crime. The victim, María Gracia Carpenter (Amparo Noguera), a well-known socialite, is the third murder that torments the city.
Before her, the mysterious disappearance of Angela Argento (María José León), a sophisticated executive, was very closely followed by the media and the police. They concluded that they were in the presence of a psychopath serial killer, whose victims were beautiful, independent, high-society women. All were killed using the same M.O., a deep and accurate cut to remove their hearts.
The lead police detective Eva Zanetti (Paola Volpato) is in charge of the investigation. Everyone is a suspect. Slowly the circle of suspects is tightened, and the suspects are reined in. Only one is the killer, and with the passing of time the hour of the discovery of the killer's true identity draws closer.
In the 44th episode, (transmitted on June 28, 2007) after two months, we find out who the killer is.
Note: Julián García does not just kill any women, only the ones that seem to leave their sons/daughters aside and ignore them. Look at the episode where Tatiana dies: Julián: ¿and the kids? and Tatiana:The kids don't exist, don't worry about them
- Fabiola Correa: Mother of Julián García, in the last episode, one finds out that she was murdered by her own son.
- Elvira Romero (Ángela Vallejos): He killed her 9 months ago, and her body was found in a plastic bag by a river.
- Ángela Argento (María José León): An executive, 35 years old, who dies in a convertible car at night, her remains are found days later in a valley.
- María Gracia Carpenter Basoalto (Amparo Noguera): A bisexual woman from high class, dies in a local event organized by her, her body was found inside an aquarium.
- Blanca Gordon (Elvira López): Has a son named Nicolás. Blanca is wanted by the police, because of drug trafficking, and while followed by the police she suffers a wound, so she ended up in a clinic, where days later she is found dead by a nurse.
- Amalia Vieyra (Yamila Reyna): Argentine model, 30 years old. She worked in prostitution. Was killed while Eva Zanetti was listening with her cellular phone, was found dead inside a Jacuzzi in a motel.
- Rocío Lynch (Katyna Huberman): 30 years old, a professional woman and divorced for only 3 months, she was pregnant (but nobody knew it). Was friend with Tatiana and Camila Wood since childhood, she had a sexual relationship with Benjamín Morandé. Was found dead inside a car (Audi) in a local residential county called Lo Barnechea.
- Eva Zanetti (Paola Volpato): Police detective. She was in charge of the investigation, and after the trail of the Psychopath called "El Cazador" ("the hunter"), that ended up being Julián, with whom she maintained a close sexual relationship. Was found in a park, dressed in a black dress, that will be key to the end of the story.
- Daniela Franco (Antonia Zegers): Leader/monitor of a group of addicts where Rodrigo Quintana attended. She was separated, and had 2 daughters, with whom she had no real relation because in her past she was addicted to drugs. She meet Julián García, when he almost runs her over with his car, after the incident, he presents himself with a fake name, (Daniel Vidal) and they became friends, until she discovers his real identity. Was found dead in the bed of doctor Rodrigo Quintana.
- Mauricio Ossa (Andrés Velasco): Journalist who was investigating the case, was captured by Julián when he was coming out from his house with a picture of Julián's mother. He died decapitated and in pieces by Julián by the means of a chainsaw. It is said that this is the new method or style from the killer.
- Gas attendant at a local gas station (identified with the initials R.N.P.): A person who tried to help Matilde while she was trying to run away from Julián in a gas station, Julián took a knife and murdered him without hesitation.
- Tatiana Wood (Luz Valdivieso): ex-wife of Benjamín, was murdered after having sex with Julián, because she needed to have an excuse to make Benjamín pay for his actions. Was found by Benjamín in the pool of her house.
Other Victims (not dead)
- Benjamín Morandé (Francisco Pérez-Bannen). Was blamed of being the "cazador" because of his relations with two of the victims, the two women that he had sexual relations were María Gracia Carpenter and Rocío Lynch. He was also a victim with the dead of his ex-wife Tatiana Wood(Luz Valdivieso), murdered after she had a sexual relation with Julián García (Álvaro Rudolphy.)
- Accused of killing:
- María Gracia Carpenter Basoalto: Because they were lovers.
- Rocío Lynch: Because they were lovers.
- Tatiana Wood: Because she was his wife.
- Piedad Estévez (Sigrid Alegría). Was blamed of being the assassin, by the detectives, specifically for the death of Blanca Gordon.
- Accused of killing:
- Blanca Gordon: Because she hated her, and they were found residues of her blood in the nails of Blanca Gordon.
- Rodrigo Quintana(Francisco Melo). Was charged in court of being the killer, after Julián left Daniela (one of the victims) in Rodrigo's bed, dead and full of blood. Because of this he was incarcerated, but later this was revoked because of his attendance to drug rehabilitation clinic.
- Accused of killing:
- Daniela Franco: They were great friends, and because she was found in his bed.
Julián García, after putting Piedad to sleep, takes her and little Sofía to a nearby factory, with the intentions of revealing his identity to her, and trying to gain her confidence to try to escape. While Rodrigo escapes from police after they were looking for him for the death of Tatiana, he follows Julián to the factory, where he speaks to the cops, who already found out that the fingerprints belong to Julián. Rodrigo enters the factory and confronts Julián, who wounds him with a knife, and sprays gasoline on him in order to burn him alive. Rodrigo fights off the attack and Piedad escapes. Finally, Julián lights up Rodrigo and when Julián tries to escape, Rodrigo pushes him inside the factory, breaking some gas pipes. The factory then explodes. Although on fire, Julián García escapes from the factory, and is killed by Benjamín who takes a gun from a detective and shoots while the killer is burning alive.
The ending is open to interpretation: Rodrigo ends up with part of his face burned, and it is unknown whether he will gain back Piedad's love. Also unknown is what happens to Matilde as a result of her operation. It is also assumed that Benjamín will go to jail for killing Julián, but this is not shown.
Pablo Illanes has explicitly said that there will not be a sequel to the telenovela, because it will not be appropriate with his spirit.
- Álvaro Rudolphy - Julián García
- Sigrid Alegría - Piedad Estévez
- Francisco Melo - Rodrigo Quintana
- Francisco Perez-Bannen - Benjamín Morandé
- Alejandra Fosalba - Matilde Larraín
- Luz Valdivieso - Tatiana Wood
- Claudio Arredondo - Pedro Pablo Peñafiel
- Francisca Imboden - Josefina "Pepi" Morandé
- Paola Volpato - Eva Zanetti
- Andrés Velasco - Mauricio Ossa
- Celine Reymond - Camila Wood
- Romina Mena - Lucy Saldaña
- Javiera Toledo - Isidora Morandé
- Adela Calderón - Yoyita
- Pablo Striano - Detective Carvajal
- Juego de seducción (Soda Stereo)
- Atado a un sentimiento (Miguel Mateos)
- Por el resto (Los Enanitos Verdes)
- Tom y Jerry (Cinema)
- Los dinosaurios (Charly García)
- Pronta entrega (Virus)
- Mi vida vale más (Valija Diplomática)
- Desnudita es mejor (Divina Gloria)
- Aire de todos (GIT)
- Cleopatra, reina del twist (Fabiana Cantilo)
- Canción animal (Gustavo Cerati)
- Tus viejas cartas (Los Enanitos Verdes)
- Sigues dando vueltas (La Rue Morgue)
- Whisky a go-go (Roupa Nova)
- Puedo sentirlo (David Lebon)
- La rubia tarada (Sumo)
- Debajo del puente (Ariel Rot)
- When I see you smile (Bad English, (song used by "the hunter" to murder his victims)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2011)|
- Everyone of Julián's victims had last names of famous horror cinema directors (George A. Romero, John Carpenter, David Lynch, Dario Argento, etc.). Pablo Illanes is a fan of the genre, and by this means he wanted to show appreciation to his inspiration.
- The daughters of the couple Pedro Pablo Peñafiel and Josefa "Pepi" Morandé, have the last names of Peñafiel Morandé, that are the last names of Chilean TV personality Kike Morandé.
- It was the first Chilean telenovela to debut first on the Internet and later on TV: the first episode was available in tvn.cl several hours prior to the official debut.
- The Hunter, would always play the song "When I See You Smile", favorite song of Piedad and Rodrigo when they were young, and because Julián hated that love; he would put that song on in order to kill that love too.
- In December 2007, the television channel released the entire telenovela Alguien te mira in DVD format.
- Croatia Zone Romantica 2012
- Slovenia Zone Romantica 2012
- Czech Republic Zone Romantica 2012
- Bulgaria Zone Romantica 2012