|Ali Massoud Ansari|
Ali Ansari speaking to Fox News about Iran
|Born||Ali Massoud Ansari
24 November 1967
|Institutions||University of St Andrews|
|Alma mater||University College London
King's College London
School of Oriental and African Studies
|Thesis||Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi & the myth of imperial authority (1998)|
Ali Massoud Ansari (Persian: علی مسعود انصاری, born 24 November 1967 in Rome) is the Professor in Modern History with reference to the Middle East at St. Andrews University in Scotland, where he is also the founding director of the Institute for Iranian Studies. He was educated at University College London (BA), King's College London (MA), and obtained his PhD from the University of London's School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS).
He is also an Associate Fellow at Chatham House and sits on the Governing Council of the British Institute of Persian Studies (BIPS). He is a regular speaker at conferences and events regarding Iran, including "Iran's New Parliament" at the New America Foundation. His work appears in The Guardian, The Independent, and the New Statesman, among other publications.
- Iran, Islam and Democracy: the Politics of Managing Change (2000)
- Modern Iran Since 1921: the Pahlavis and After (2003)
- Confronting Iran: The Failure of American Foreign Policy and the Roots of Mistrust (2006)
- Iran Under Ahmadinejad (2008)
- The Politics of Nationalism in Modern Iran (2012)
- "Sixth Biennial Conference of Iranian Studies". Iran Heritage Foundation. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- "Iran's New Parliament". New America Foundation. Archived from the original on 17 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- Ali M. Ansari (January 30, 2007). "Only the US hawks can save the Iranian president now". The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- Ali M. Ansari (15 January 2006). "They are marching as to war". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- Ali M. Ansari (4 September 2006). "Dictators: Reform and the mullahs". New Statesman. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
|This biography of a Scottish academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|