||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
|Birth name||Ali Azmat|
|Labels||Fire Records (Pakistan)
He was born on the 20th April 1970 in a middle-class business-oriented family in Abbotabad, but grew up in Garhi Shahu, a town in Lahore. His first band 'Jupiters' performed covers at small gigs, such as weddings, in Lahore. While with them, Azmat wrote his song Dosti. He later sang and recorded Dosti with Junoon. He's a cousin to Mustafa Zahid, the lead vocalist of pop-rock band Roxen.
Azmat released his first solo album, Social Circus, in March 2005.
- Social Circus (2005)
- Klashinfolk (2008)
- Josh-E-Junoon (2010)
- Bum Phatta (2011)
- Chalta Mein Jaaon (2011)
- Jism 2 (2012)
- Josh (2012)
Awards and nominations
- Won - Best Sound of Style Award.
- Won - Best Pop Male Artist.
The Nestle Fruita Vitals Pakistan Style Awards (2010)
- Won - Stylish Singer Male.
- For Ali Azmat, the show goes on despite father’s death
- The family connection
- Banned in Pakistan, Junoon's Ali Azmat scores big with his Jism 2 songs
- "Ali Azmat Awards". Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "When the stars start to shine". Saadia Qamar. Express Tribune. Archived from the original on 26 October 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- Ali Azmat at the Internet Movie Database
- Ali Azmat's Official Website
- 2007 Interview with Azmat in Washington Post