Ali Ewoldt is an American actress, who made her Broadway debut in the Les Misérables revival in 2006 in the role of Cosette. She has also performed on national and international tours and in U.S. regional theatre.
Life and career
Ewoldt was born Chicago and raised in Pleasantville, New York. After performing in a child role in a nearby regional theatre and in musical theatre in high school, she went on to graduate cum laude from Yale University, also doing some performing during her college years. She is partly of Filipino descent.
Ewoldt performed the role of Princess Jasmine in Disneyland, and she also worked a the Tokyo Disney theme park before appearing in a U.S. tour of Les Misérables. She began the tour as a member of the ensemble, and later understudied the role of Cosette, before she finally received the role during the tour. She then played Cosette in the Les Mis Broadway revival of 2006.
From 2009 to 2011, Ewoldt starred in North American tour and in the 50th anniversary international tour of West Side Story. In 2012, she played Tuptim in a tour of The King and I, where she "received the loudest applause from the audience after she sang her stirring, operatic interpretation of 'My Lord and Master'". Other regional theatre roles include Luisa in The Fantasticks at the Mt. Washington Valley Theatre Co.
- "Broadway.com: Ali Ewoldt". broadway.com. Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- Ali Ewoldt biography at her official website, accessed December 24, 2012
- Les Misérables, "Who's Who in the Cast", Broadhurst Theatre, Playbill, November 9, 2006, accessed December 24, 2012
- Morgan, Scott C. "Park Ridge actress stars in West Side tour", Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, Illinois), July 16, 2011, accessed December 24, 2012
- Beachy, Mark. "The King and I at Wolf Trap", MD Theatre Guide, September 1, 2012
- Harris, Manning. "The King and I at The Fox", Atlanta INTown, September 7, 2012