Ali Jackson (jazz bassist)
Ali Jackson (died 1987), also known as Al Jackson, was a jazz bassist and composer.
In the 1980s he performed in his brother's quintet, which toured and recorded in Europe. The line-up of the Oliver Jackson Quintet that performed in Switzerland in 1984 comprised Oliver Jackson, Arnett Cobb, Irving Stokes, tp - Claude Black, and Ali Jackson.
His son, Ali Jackson, Jr., is a jazz drummer.
- As sideman
- 1958: Jazz Way Out - John Coltrane/Wilbur Harden
- 1958: Tanganyika Strut - John Coltrane/Wilbur Harden
- 1984: Billy's Bounce - Oliver Jackson Quintet
- Time keeper: "Drummer Ali Jackson is the man in the hot seat, with the stories to prove it" Metro Times. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Fitzgerald, Michael. "Wilbur Harden Discography" Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Björn, Lars Olof (2001) Before Motown: A History of Jazz in Detroit, 1920-60, pp. 126-131. University of Michigan Press At Google Books. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Jazz in Yverdon 1984 Concert: Oliver Jackson Quintet Retrieved 10 July 2013.
|This article about a jazz musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|