|Birth name||Stanley Kiprotich Mukche|
April 20, 1994 |
Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County, Kenya
|Event(s)||5000 m, 10,000 m|
|Coached by||Carol Santa|
Ali Kaya (born as Stanley Kiprotich Mukche on 20 April 1994) is a Turkish long distance runner of Kenyan origin competing in the 5000 m and 10,000 m events. He is the European record holder in 10,000 m for juniors set in 2013.
He was born Stanley Kiprotich Mukche on April 20, 1994 in Eldoret of Uasin Gishu County in Kenya. In 2010, he moved to Turkey and adapted the Turkish name Ali Kaya. Following his naturalization in 2013, he became officially eligible to international competitions for his second home country on June 20 the same year.
He won two gold medals, in the 5000 m and 10,000 m events, at the 2013 European Athletics Junior Championships held in Rieti, Italy. At the 10,000 m event, he set a new Turkish national record with a time of 28:31.16. He caused a scandal following the race when he abrupt left the championship for Kenya without showing at the medal ceremony. According to the Turkish Athletics Federation, he travelled to Kenya in order to join a four-day training in Kenya with his also in Turkey naturalized countryman İlham Tanui Özbilen. Another Turkish athlete stood on the championship podium in Italy to take his medal.
At the European Championship in Zurich over 10.000 meters he competed against double Olympic champion Mo Farah, clinching a bronze medal after a great finish. He became the youngest medalist ever in the European 10.000 final.
|2013||22nd European Junior Championships||Rieti, Italy||1st||5000 m||13:49.76|
|1st||10,000 m||28:31.16 CR NJR|
|3rd Islamic Solidarity Games||Palembang, Indonesia||2nd||5000 m||14:04.59|
|20th European Cross Country Championships||Belgrade, Serbia||1st||Junior race||17:49|
|2015||European Indoor Championships||Prague, Czech Republic||1st||3000 m||7:38.42 CR NR|
- "Transfer of Allegiance - 2013 - as officially announced in the IAAF Newsletter". IAAF. 2013-08-22. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "18. Balkan Salon Atletizm Şampiyonası Sona Erdi" (in Turkish). Türkiye Atletizm Federasyonu. 2013-02-23. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "Kaya canters home as Pezer picks up gold for Bosnia". European Athletics. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "Ali Kaya rekor bırakmadı". EuroSport (in Turkish). 2013-07-18. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "Böyle skandal görülmedi". Fanatik (in Turkish). 2013-07-25. Retrieved 2013-10-96. Check date values in:
- "3. İslami Dayanışma Oyunları". Haberler (in Turkish). 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "İslami Dayanışma Oyunları’na Madalyalarla Başladık". Türkiye Atletizm Federasyonu. 2013-09-25.
|This biographical article relating to Turkish athletics and track and field is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|