Ali Shakeri (Persian: علی شاکری) is an Iranian-American businessman and activist. He graduated from the University of Texas with a business administration degree. He serves on the Community Advisory Board of the Center for Citizen Peacebuilding at the University of California, Irvine.  Shakeri was one of four dual-nationality Iranian-Americans detained by the Iranian government in May 2007.
In 2007 Shakeri went to Iran to visit his mother, who was ill and died during his visit. On May 8, 2007 while in Iran he was detained by the Iranian government, one of four Americans detained by the Iranian government in a short period. The others were Kian Tajbakhsh, Haleh Esfandiari and Parnaz Azima. On June 8, 2007, the Iranian Student News Agency confirmed the detention. He was released on September 25, 2007. and the other three were also released "in phases, from prison or allowed to leave the country ... in the run-up to President Ahmadinejad's" September 2007 speech before the United Nations. Shakeri called the American Iranian Council on October 2 to thank the AIC, and its members for diplomatic actions taken to gain his release from prison in Iran. 
- "About the Center for Citizen Peacebuilding". Retrieved 2007-05-31.
- Wright, Robin (2007-06-01). "Wife Appeals for Information on Husband Held in Iran". Washington Post. Retrieved 2007-06-01.
- "Iran Says It Is Holding 4th Dual Citizen". New York Times/Associated Press. 2007-06-08. Retrieved 2007-06-08.
- About Us
- Wright, Robin, Dreams and Shadows : the Future of the Middle East, Penguin Press, 2008, p.336-7
- Iran Emrooz (iranian political online magazine)
- Platform for Unity
- Wright, Robin (June 1, 2007). "Wife Appeals for Information on Husband Held in Iran". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 23, 2010.
- Faiola, Anthony; Wright, Robin (September 25, 2007). "Ahmadinejad's Day One in New York: A Hostile Reception, a Rambling Talk". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 23, 2010.
- The New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Iran-Detained-American.html
|url=missing title (help).[dead link]
- Iran Says American Detainee Released - New York Times
- Wright, Robin, Dreams and Shadows : the Future of the Middle East, Penguin Press, 2008, p.339
- American Iranian Council - AIC - A Platform for Dialogue
- American Iranian Council
- Much-admired UC Irvine figure is missing in Iran, Los Angeles Times, May 26, 2007
|This article about an Iranian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|