Eve at the film premiere of Men in Black 3 in May 2012
|Born||Alice Sophia Eve
6 February 1982
London, England, UK
|Education||BA in English|
|Alma mater||Bedales School
|Spouse(s)||Alex Cowper-Smith (m. 2014)|
Alice Sophia Eve (born 6 February 1982) is an English actress known for her roles in the films Starter for 10 (2006), Crossing Over (2009), She's Out of My League (2010), Sex and the City 2 (2010), The Raven (2012), Men in Black 3 (2012) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013).
Eve was born in London, the daughter of actors Trevor Eve and Sharon Maughan. She has two younger brothers, Jack and George. Eve is of English, Welsh, and Irish descent. She attended Bedales School and then took her A-levels at Westminster School in London. During her gap year, she studied at the Beverly Hills Playhouse and then read English at St Catherine's College, Oxford. While at Oxford, she appeared in student productions of The Importance of Being Earnest, Animal Crackers (which toured to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival), Scenes from an Execution and The Colour of Justice.
In 2006, she starred in two comedy films: Starter for 10 and Big Nothing (in which she and co-star Simon Pegg put on American accents). She spent the early part of 2006 in India working on a drama mini-series Losing Gemma about backpackers.
On the stage, Eve has appeared in two plays directed by Trevor Nunn. In 2006, she played the young Esme in the new Tom Stoppard play Rock 'n' Roll, at the Royal Court Theatre, later reprising her role for the 2007 Broadway transfer. For this performance, she was nominated for the best supporting actress award at the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers' Choice Awards. In 2009, she played Roxane in a production of Cyrano de Bergerac at the Chichester Festival Theatre.
In 2010, Eve played the female lead role in the American romantic comedy film She's Out of My League, in which her parents play the roles of her character's parents. She also played the role of Erin, Charlotte's Irish nanny, in Sex and the City 2. During 2011, Eve had a recurring guest role in season 8 of the HBO series Entourage, as Sophia, a journalist and love interest to Vincent Chase. She played the role of Dr. Carol Marcus in Star Trek Into Darkness, released 17 May 2013.
Eve took part in the opening session of the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show. She also appeared in Paul McCartney's music video "Queenie Eye". In 2013 she filmed Before We Go in New York with Chris Evans who is also directing it.
Eve lives in London and Los Angeles. She has heterochromia; her left eye is blue, and her right eye is green. She was in a long-term relationship with poet Adam O'Riordan, whom she met while reading English at Oxford. The pair broke up in 2012. On 14 August 2014, Eve announced her engagement to her high school sweetheart, financier Alex Cowper-Smith. The pair met while attending the Westminster School in London. They married on 31 December 2014.
|2004||Stage Beauty||Miss Frayne|
|2006||Starter for 10||Alice Harbinson|
|2007||The Amazing Trousers||Colette||Short film|
|2009||Crossing Over||Claire Sheperd|
|2010||She's Out of My League||Molly|
|2010||Sex and the City 2||Erin|
|2011||The Decoy Bride||Lara Tyler|
|2012||The Raven||Emily Hamilton|
|2012||Men in Black 3||Young Agent O|
|2012||Please, Alfonso||Annabelle||Short film|
|2012||Decoding Annie Parker||Louise|
|2013||Some Velvet Morning||Velvet|
|2013||Star Trek Into Darkness||Carol Marcus|
|2013||Cold Comes the Night||Chloe|
|2014||Dirty Weekend||Natalie Hamilton||Post-production|
|2014||Before We Go||Brooke Dalton||Completed|
|2014||Death of a Farmer||Producer|
|2014||Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb||Guinevere||Cameo with Hugh Jackman|
|2004||Hawking||Martha Guthrie||TV movie|
|2005||The Rotters' Club||Cicely Boyd||TV series|
|2005||Beethoven||Countess Giulietta Guicciardi||Episode: "The Rebel"|
|2005||Agatha Christie's Poirot||Lenox Tamplin||Episode: "The Mystery of the Blue Train"|
|2006||Losing Gemma||Esther||TV movie|
- Births, Marriages & Deaths Index of England & Wales, 1916–2005.; at ancestry.com
- Stern, Marlow (18 May 2013). "Alice Eve, the Beautiful New Trekkie, Talks 'Star Trek Into Darkness'". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Framed: Trevor Eve plays Quentin Lester". BBC. 13 August 2009. Archived from the original on 28 October 2010. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- Feinstein, Sharon (10 December 2010). "Interview Sharon Maughan: We were so poor I never went by car, now I've got my own; Mercedes.". Sunday Mirror. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "BBC Two: Hawking". BBC. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- Bradshaw, Peter (1 December 2006). "Big Nothing (review)". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2 December 2006.
- "Losing Gemma". jonasarmstrong.net. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- Shenton, Mar (2 December 2006). "Alice Eve". Theatre.com. Archived from the original on 30 November 2006. Retrieved 2 December 2006.
- "WhatsOnStage.com Awards 2007 results". WhatsOnStage.com. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Chichester Festival Theatre : What's On :". Cft.org.uk. Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- "I Got Cast in 'Sex and the City 2' – MSN Movies News". Movies.msn.com. 24 September 2009. Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- "'Entourage': Keep your ex's stepmother close...". CNN. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Alice Eve's Star Trek Into Darkness Role Revealed". Cimema Blend. 11 December 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Qualcomm's insane CES 2013 keynote in pictures and tweets". 8 January 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Search Twitter - Alice eve". Mobile.twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- McNary, Dave. "Alice Eve Boards Chris Evans’ ’1:30 Train’". Variety. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "jam.canoe.ca". jam.canoe.ca. 13 March 2009. Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- "This One Has a Wardrobe Malfunction". Conan. Season 2. Episode 95. 23 May 2012. TBS.
- "The Eyes Have It: Celebrities with Heterochromia". yahoo. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Who's That Girl? Meet "Entourage" Actress Alice Eve". Complex. 5 September 2011.
- "Family matters: Stylish Alice Eve leaves a restaurant after enjoying lunch date with brother Jack". Daily Mail. 21 February 2014.
- "Star Trek Into Darkness’ Alice Eve Is Engaged". TV Guide. 14 August 2014.
- "Alice Eve Is Engaged – to Her High School Sweetheart!". People. 14 August 2014.
- Harrison, Lily (2 January 2015). "Alice Eve Marries Her High School Sweetheart, Alex Cowper-Smith, in London: Reports". E! Online. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alice Eve.|