Alice Rohrwacher in Santarcangelo di Romagna in 2014
29 December 1980 |
Fiesole, Tuscany, Italy
|Occupation||Film director, writer|
Alice Rohrwacher (born 29 December 1980) is an Italian film director and screenwriter.
Rohrwacher was born in Fiesole, in Tuscany, of an Italian mother and German father. She spent her youth in the city of Castel Giorgio, where her mother was born and her father Reinhard worked as a beekeeper. She is the sister of the Italian actress Alba Rohrwacher. She studied literature and philosophy at the University of Turin and then specialized in screenwriting at the Holden School in Turin.
Her first experience in filmmaking was in 2006, when directing a part of the Italian documentary Checosamanca.
Her second feature film, The Wonders, won the Grand Prix at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. 2014 Alice was appointed the President of the International Jury for the“Luigi De Laurentiis” Venice Award for a Debut Film at the 71st Venice International Film Festival.
- "Rassegna stampa Alba Rohrwacher". Mymovies.it. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Fulvia Caprara (22 April 2011). "Rohrwacher, sorelle d'arte che non-si incontrano mai". La Stampa. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 154. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- "The moon in May". BFI. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Awards 2014 : Competition". Cannes. Retrieved 25 May 2014.