Bachleda Curuś at the premiere of Ondine at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival.
12 May 1983
Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico
|Height||5' 5" (168 cm)|
|Partner(s)||Colin Farrell (2008–2010)|
Alicja Bachleda-Curuś (pron. [aˈlit͡sʲa baˈxlɛda ˈt͡suruɕ]; born 12 May 1983) is a Mexican born Polish actress and singer, who has appeared in films including September Eleven 1683, Trade, Ondine, Pan Tadeusz, and Syzyfowe Prace.
Early life 
Bachleda-Curuś was born in Tampico, Mexico. She is the daughter of Lidia and Tadeusz Bachleda-Curuś, a geologist who was working in Mexico at that time. Her uncle is Adam Bachleda-Curuś, former mayor of Zakopane.
While growing up in Poland, Bachleda-Curuś studied at the National Ballet Academy in Kraków (1989–98) and at the National Academy of Music's vocal department in Kraków (1998-2000). As a 19 year old, she moved to the United States to study acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City.
Acting career 
At 15, Bachleda landed a lead role in the 1999 film Pan Tadeusz, directed by Academy Award-winning Polish director Andrzej Wajda. Four years later, she won a role in Polish soap opera Na dobre i na złe. Bachleda then began crossing over into mainstream films outside of Poland, appearing in the German film Sommersturm, a coming of age story, in 2004. Bachleda-Curuś returned to Mexico to film the 2007 thriller Trade, starring Kevin Kline, an unflinching look at the world of human trafficking. Bachleda then returned to Europe to play a Jewish girl in the historical drama Der geköpfte Hahn, which took place during World War II in Transylvania, Romania. Her next film was 2009's Ondine, a film about an Irish fisherman who thinks he catches a selkie, a mythological seal/human.
She stars in, not-yet released, John Jopson's movie, The Absinthe Drinkers, set in 19th century Europe, with John Hurt, Tim Roth, Keith Carradine, Peter Facinelli, and Jürgen Prochnow. Bachleda-Curuś was cast as Artemisia von Rach, a talented young German painter.
Personal life 
On 7 October 2009, she became the mother of Irish actor Colin Farrell's son, Henry Tadeusz Farrell, born in Los Angeles, California. The boy was baptized on December 29, 2009 in the Roman Catholic Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Kraków. It was reported on 15 October 2010 that Farrell left Bachleda-Curuś a couple of months before. Soon after it was officially confirmed.
- 11 september 1683:''The Battle of Vienna'' (Italy, Poland, 2011), by Renzo Martinelli
- The Absinthe Drinkers (Italy, USA, 2011), by John Jopson
- The Girl is in Trouble (USA, 2010), by Julius Onah
- Friendship! (Germany, USA 2010), by Markus Goller
- Ondine (Ireland, USA, 2009), by Neil Jordan
- Cocoşul decapitat (English title: The Beheaded Rooster) (România, Hungary 2008), by Radu Gabrea
- Trade (Germany, USA, 2007), by Marco Kreuzpaintner
- Comme des voleurs (English title: Stealth) (Switzerland, France 2006), by Lionel Baier
- Das Blut der Templer (English title: Code of the Templars) (Germany, 2004)
- Summer Storm (Germany, 2004), by Marco Kreuzpaintner
- Na dobre i na złe (TV series, Poland, 2002–2004)
- Herz im Kopf (Germany, 2001), for which Hans-Christian Schmid and Michael Gutmann wrote the screenplay
- Wrota Europy (Poland, 1999), by Jerzy Wojcik
- Pan Tadeusz (Poland, 1999), by Andrzej Wajda
- Syzyfowe prace (Poland, 1998), by Pawel Komorowski
- Tajemnica szkolnego dzwonka (Poland, Theatre of television, 1993)
- "Klimat" (2001)
- "Nie załamuj się" (1996)
- "Sympatyczne sny" (1991)
- "Dotknąć nieba" (with Piotr Cugowski (son of Krzysztof Cugowski)) (2007)
- "Nie pytaj, nie pytaj mnie" (2002)
- "Klimat" (2001)
- "Ich verlier mich gern in Dir" (from the film Herz Im Kopf) (2001)
- "Marzyć chcę" (1999)
- "Nie załamuj się – minuta fantazji" (1996)
- "Sympatyczne sny" (1991)
- Vladek Juszkiewicz & Robert J. Wierzbicki. ""Artist / VIP Gallery ALICJA BACHLEDA-CURUS", Polish Film Festival web site". Polishfilmla.org. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- Michaud, Sarah (2009-10-30). "Colin Farrell and Girlfriend Welcome a Son - Babies, Colin Farrell". People.com. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- "Colin Farrell left Bachleda a couple of months ago", Press Association, 15 October 2010[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Alicja Bachleda-Curuś|
- Alicja Bachleda-Curuś at the Internet Movie Database
- Alicja in New York Times May 2007
- Alicja in GQ Magazine July 2007
- Interview with Alicja Bachleda Ondine 2010
- Interview with Alicja Bachleda Presented by Linda O'Brien