Alien Crush Returns
|Alien Crush Returns|
Alien Crush Returns is a WiiWare pinball video game developed by Tamsoft and published by Hudson Soft. It is a sequel/remake to 1988's Alien Crush, and is the fourth installment in the Crush Pinball series. It was released in Japan on August 26, 2008, in North America on November 3, 2008, and in Europe on November 7, 2008.
In comparison to the original game, Alien Crush Returns features 3D graphics and controls using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk that allow functions such as tilting the table using motion sensing. In addition, the game introduces "Action Balls", pinballs with special attributes that can be used repeatedly during gameplay. Downloadable content in the form of extra stages and additional Action Balls will also be made available.
The game features a high score-based arcade mode where players can select from three tables, a six-stage story mode with gameplay goals and boss battles, as well as online versus multiplayer and leaderboards.
IGN scored Alien Crush Returns a 7.8/10, calling the visual presentation impressive but noting some slight ball physics issues and that overall the game was short, with only three tables out of the box.
- "USA WiiWare Update: Alien Crush Returns and Home Sweet Home". Wiiware-world.com. 2008-11-03. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- "EU WiiWare Update: Alien Crush Returns, Brain Challenge and Space Invaders Get Even". Wiiware-world.com. 2008-11-06. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- "Impressions: Alien Crush Returns, Hooray". Blog.wired.com. 2008-08-26. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- Spencer (2008-08-04). "Tilt the table in Alien Crush Returns". Siliconera.com. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- Bozon, Mark (2008-11-03). "IGN Alien Crush Returns Review". IGN. Archived from the original on 28 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
|This pinball-based video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|