Splish Splash Main Entrance
|Slogan||Get Set to Get Wet!|
|Location||Calverton, New York, United States|
|General Manager||Mike Bengston|
|Operating season||Memorial Day – Labor Day|
|Area||96 acres (390,000 m2)|
|Water slides||20 water slides|
Splish Splash is a 96-acre (390,000 m2) water park in Calverton, New York. It features 30 rides and runs from May through September. Travel Channel ranked Splish Splash the third best water park in the United States.
Splish Splash was built in 1989, headed by Chip Cleary with the original owners being the same as Adventureland. It opened in May 1991 with three body slides, two speed slides, two kiddie pools, two tube slides, a lazy river, and a restaurant. In 1995, the Lazy River Opened. The park has been owned and operated by Palace Entertainment since 2001. Today the lazy river is 1,300 feet (400 m) long and is accompanied by 19 water slides including a wave pool. It spans over 90 acres (360,000 m2). In 2006, Splish splash added a new funnel-shaped ride called Alien Invasion. In July 2008 they announced that they would be adding 7 rides over the next few years, including Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel of Terror for 2009, Kahuna Bay for 2011, Bootlegger's Run for 2013, and The Battle of Mutiny Bay for 2014.
List of water rides
- Dinosaur Falls - a ProSlide pipeline with 3 slides (re-named in 2012 from Splash Landing) (Single or Double Inner Tube) (1 or 2 Riders)
- Max Trax - 2 plummet slides. One 50' straight down and one with two humps (Body Slide)
- Lazy River - a relaxing tube slide with fountains and wave area
- Hollywood Stunt Rider - a dark mammoth family ride with a Hollywood theme (Family Raft) (2 - 4 Riders Required)
- The Abyss - 2 enclosed tube slides (Single or Double Inner Tube) (1 or 2 Riders)
- Alien Invasion - a ProSlide tornado with an alien abduction theme (Clover Leaf Raft) (2 - 3 Riders Required)
- Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel of Terror - a ProSlide tantrum with high-speed 360 degree spins, and a 40 ft (12 m) drop (Round Double Tube) (2 Riders Required)
- Kahuna Bay - a classic wave pool
- Cliff Diver - a plummet body slide dropping riders 8 stories in 3 seconds
- Dragon's Den - a ProSlide cannon bowl with a dragon in the middle of the bowl (Double Tube) (2 Riders Required)
- Mammoth River - an open mammoth family raft ride (Family Raft) (3 - 5 Riders Required)
- Barrier Reef - 2 enclosed high speed body slides
- Giant Twister - 3 open body slides
- Shotgun Falls - a free-fall drop slide into a 10 ft (3.0 m) deep pool (Body Slide)
- Surf City - a classic wave pool
- Soak City - a mini pool located next to The Abyss exit pool and Lazy River with sprays of water in it
- Bootlegger's Run - a water roller coaster featuring new generation hydromagnetic technology (New York's First Water Coaster) (Toboggan Inline Raft) (2 - 4 Riders Required)
- The Battle of Mutiny Bay - Seated in brightly colored boats, riders use water-spray “cannons” to blast other boats as well as spectators roaming the perimeter. (A Boat) (1 to 4 riders, Fewer riders may be grouped together to fill the boat)
Rides for Kids
- The Elephant - an elephant slide with a falling spray of water
- Kiddie Slides - 3 open body slides
- Monsoon Lagoon - a shipwreck pool with slides and water cannons
- The Octopus - a large octopus in the middle of a pool with swings on the tentacles
- Pirates Cove - a pirate ship pool with a slide, cannons and climbing ropes
Please be advised that certain rides require 2 or more people to ride on due to safety and park population. Single riders cannot go on these rides by themselves. You can however find another person or group to go on these ride with. Better yet, try to come with family or friends to better enjoy these rides.
- Strugatch, Warren (2001-05-20). "Places for Swinging, Splashing, Thrashing". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Edmonds, Rose; Christina Antoniades. "Best Water Parks in America". Travel Channel. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Pesce, Nicole Lyn (2009-06-12). "Fun With the Kids? Just Add Water". Daily News (New York). Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- "Splish Splash News".
4. In the episode "Maddie on Deck" of The Suite Life on Deck, the prince mentions that for their honeymoon they'll go to Splish Splash Waterpark.
- Hollywood Stunt Rider Article
- Splish Splash Flashback
- http://nymag.com/nymetro/urban/family/features/6152/ Splish Splash Review