|Genre||Adventure , Action, Drama|
|Created by||Sagar Films ( Pvt.Ltd.)|
|Directed by||Ramanand Sagar|
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Urdu , Hindi & Bengali|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||260|
|Running time||23 Minutes (Approx.)|
|Original channel||DD National, SAB TV, Dhamaal TV (India), ARY Digital (Pakistan), [Ekushey Television|
|Original run||1993 – 2002|
Alif Laila (The Arabian Nights) is a TV series based on the stories from One Thousand and One Nights. It was produced by Sagar Films (Pvt. Ltd.). It was made in two seasons. The first season was aired on DD National and the second on SAB TV. Later, it also aired on ARY Digital, BTV, and ETV. The Series starts right from the very beginning when Scheherazade starts telling stories to Shahryar. Alif Laila contains both the well-known and the lesser-known stories from One Thousand and One Nights which are mentioned here. Actual word is "Alf Laila" meaning thousand nights.
- The Merchant and the Genie
- The Old Man and the Two Black Dogs
- The Old Man and the Goat
- The Fisherman
- The Greek King and the Physician Douban
- Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp
- Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
- The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor
- Prince Jalal Talib and The Three Pearls 
- The Adventures of Harun al-Rashid, Caliph of Baghdad
- The Story of the Blind Baba-Abdalla
- The Story of Sidi-Nouman
- The Story of Two Brothers: Talib and Jamal
- The Story of Three Brothers
VHS & DVD releases
The episodes of Alif Laila was released on both VCD and DVD format. The DVD  release was marketed as 20 volumes consisting of 143 episodes, while the VCD  released as 50 sets. There also been DVD and VCD releases of single story arcs.
Alif Laila was the winner of Most Outstanding T.V. Serial awarded by India Cine-goers Academy.
- Damini Kanwal as Scheherazade
- Girija Shankar as Sultan Shahriyar
- Shahnawaaz Pradhan as Vazir, Sindbad
- Ashish Rajadhyaksha; Paul Willemen (1994). Encyclopaedia of Indian cinema. British Film Institute. ISBN 978-0-85170-455-5. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Ravi Shanker Kapoor (1 February 2000). More equal than others: a study of the Indian Left. Vision Books. ISBN 978-81-7094-381-5. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- A selection of stories from Alif laila wa laila: the Arabian nights' entertainment. Ginn & co. 1892. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Frank Moore Colby; Talcott Williams (1918). The New international encyclopædia. Dodd, Mead and company. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Alif Laila at Sagar Arts Website".