|Also known as||Arabian Nights|
|Genre||Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Drama|
|Created by||Sagar Entertainment Ltd.|
|Based on||One Thousand and One Nights|
|Written by||Ramanand Sagar|
|Directed by||Anand Sagar
|Creative director(s)||Mukesh Kalola|
|Theme music composer||Ravindra Jain|
|Opening theme||Krishna M. Gupta|
|Ending theme||Krishna M. Gupta|
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Urdu, Hindi, Bengali|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||260|
|Editor(s)||Subhash Gupta, Nisar Shah|
|Cinematography||Avinash Satoskar, Santosh Kumar|
|Running time||23 Minutes (Approx.)|
|Original channel||DD National
Dhamaal TV (India) 
|Picture format||480i 4:3 SDTV)|
|Original run||1997 – present|
Alif Laila (Hindi: अलिफ़ लैला) is a TV series based on the stories from One Thousand and One Nights. It was produced by Sagar Films (Pvt. Ltd.). It was made in two seasons. The first season was aired on DD National and season two on ARY Digital. Popularity of the show lead to it being broadcast in Bengali on BTV, and ETV. The show started re-airing from 2012 on Dhamaal TV every weekdays.
The plot line of the series starts right from the very beginning when Scheherazade starts telling stories to Shahryar. Alif Laila contains both the well-known and the lesser-known stories from One Thousand and One Nights which are mentioned here. Actual word is "Alf Laila" meaning thousand nights.
- Prologue to The Story of King Shahryar and Queen Scheherazade.
- The Merchant and the Genie
- The Old Man and the Two Black Dogs
- The Old Man and the Goat
- The Fisherman 
- The Greek King Yunan and the Physician Douban
- Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp
- Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves 
- The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor
- Prince Jalal Talib and The Three Pearls 
- The Night adventures of Harun al-Rashid, Caliph of Baghdad
- Story of the Three Qalandar, Sons of Kings, and of Three Ladies of Baghdad. Also known as The Story of the Porter and the Three Ladies of Baghdad.
- The Story of the Blind Baba Abdallah
- The Story of Sidi-Nouman
- The Story of Two Brothers: Talib and Jamal
- The Trader and the Story of Three Brothers
- The Merchant and the Genie
- Epilogue to The Story of King Shahryar and Queen Scheherazade.
VHS & DVD releases
The episodes of Alif Laila was released on both VCD and DVD format. The DVD  release was marketed as 20 volumes consisting of 143 episodes, while the VCD  released as 50 sets. There also been DVD and VCD releases of single story arcs.
Alif Laila was the winner of Most Outstanding T.V. Serial awarded by India Cine-goers Academy.
- Seema Kanwal (Damini) as Scheherazade
- Girija Shankar as Shahryār
- Shah Nawaz as Sinbad the Sailor, Wazir (Episode 1)
- Navneet Singh as Aladdin
- Vilas Raj as African magician, Jingalu Jungla.
- Pinky Parikh as Princess Badroulbadour
- Jyotin Dave as Leader of the thieves in Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. Also as the King in Sinbad the Sailor.
- , Dhamaal TV
- Ashish Rajadhyaksha; Paul Willemen (1994). Encyclopaedia of Indian cinema. British Film Institute. ISBN 978-0-85170-455-5. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Ravi Shanker Kapoor (1 February 2000). More equal than others: a study of the Indian Left. Vision Books. ISBN 978-81-7094-381-5. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- , Dhamaal TV - Alif Laila
- A selection of stories from Alif laila wa laila: the Arabian nights' entertainment. Ginn & co. 1892. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Frank Moore Colby; Talcott Williams (1918). The New international encyclopædia. Dodd, Mead and company. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Alif Laila at Sagar Arts Website".