Location of Aline, Oklahoma
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|• Land||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,289 ft (393 m)|
|• Density||788/sq mi (304.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1089583|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 207 people residing in the town. The population density was 813.3 people per square mile (317.8/km²). There were 123 housing units at an average density of 480 per square mile (187/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 95.79% White, 0.93% Native American, 0.47% from other races, and 2.80% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.40% of the population.
There were 101 households out of which 18.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.5% were married couples living together, 6.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.6% were non-families. 35.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 22.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.12 and the average family size was 2.69.
In the town the population was spread out with 18.2% under the age of 18, 11.2% from 18 to 24, 21.5% from 25 to 44, 26.2% from 45 to 64, and 22.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 103.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.1 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $25,556, and the median income for a family was $28,333. Males had a median income of $26,500 versus $17,083 for females. The per capita income for the town was $12,710. About 22.4% of families and 24.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 21.1% of those under the age of eighteen and 33.3% of those sixty five or over.
- Harold G. Kiner (April 14, 1924 – October 2, 1944), United States Army Medal of Honor winner born here
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Aline town, Oklahoma". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation. Official State Map (Map) (2008 ed.).
- "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved October 18, 2013.