|Alma mater||University of York|
|Notable work||Formulaic Language: Pushing the Boundaries|
|Lexical chunk, Evolution of language, psycholinguistic theory|
Alison Wray FAcSS is a Research Professor in Language and Communication at Cardiff University in the United Kingdom. She is renowned for her work on formulaic language. She is also interested in language profiling, evolution of language and psycholinguistic theory. Her major research contributions in the 2000s has been in developing new understanding about formulaic language.
She has been teaching at the Cardiff University since 1999. She has also taught at the Swansea University, York St John University, University College of Ripon and York St John. Her BA and D.Phil. degrees are from the University of York.
- "Publications of Professor Alison Wray". Cardiff University. 15 June 2011.
- "Biography of Professor Alison Wray". Cardiff University. 15 June 2011.
- Wray, Alison (2008). Formulaic Language: Pushing the Boundaries. Oxford University Press. p. 322. ISBN 978-0-19-442245-1.
- "Review of Alison Wray". Lextutor. 15 April 2002.
- Alison Wray's homepage: http://cardiff.ac.uk/encap/contactsandpeople/profiles/wray-alison.html