Alistair James Magowan[N 1] (born 10 February 1955) is the suffragan Bishop of Ludlow in the Church of England.
Educated at King's School Worcester, Leeds University and Trinity College, Bristol, he was ordained in 1981. His first post was as a curate in Owlerton, Sheffield followed by a second curacy in Durham. Later he was Vicar of Egham then its rural dean. Before being ordained to the episcopate he was Archdeacon of Dorset from 2000 to 2009. He also holds the post of Archdeacon of Ludlow.
He is married with three children.
- Alistair Magowan Esq (1955–1981)
- The Revd Alistair Magowan (1981–2000)
- The Ven Alistair Magowan (2000–2009)
- The Rt Revd Alistair Magowan (2009—present)
- ^ Usually spelled Alistair but also seen spelled as Alastair
- ^ Hereford Diocese — Bishop's Office
- ^ Church Times — Appointment, 1 January 2010
- ^ Sarum Link, November 2009
- ^ Who's Who 2012 – Ludlow, Bishop Suffragan of
- ^ Ludlow Advertiser
- ^ Daily Telegraph, “Appointments in the clergy”, p, 24, 8 July 2009)
- ^ Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- ^ Salisbury Anglican
- ^ BBC Shropshire