|Headquarters||Southfield, Michigan, United States|
|Number of locations||22 offices|
|Key people||Fred Crawford (CEO)|
AlixPartners is a consulting firm best known for its work in the turnaround space. The firm was founded by Jay Alix in 1981 in order to handle the turnaround of Electrical Specialties Co., and has since moved into a more traditional consulting space, grown to a staff of over 1200, and added office locations throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
AlixPartners' work includes enterprise improvement consulting, financial advisory services, information management services, and executing turnarounds of distressed and healthy companies. AlixPartners has been involved in several high-profile turnaround and bankruptcy assignments including GM's Saab division, Kodak, Barney's New York, and JC Penney. The firm's managing directors are frequently cited as topic experts in business publications such as Bloomberg, the Financial Times, CNBC, and Fox Business.
AlixPartners competes in the traditional consulting space with firms including McKinsey & Company, the Boston Consulting Group, and Bain & Company, they also compete with turnaround specialty firms such as FTI Consulting, Alvarez and Marsal, Capstone Advisory Group, and Hilco Global.
- Merx, Katie. "Thinking Big Thoughts." Crain's Detroit Business 19.36 (2003): 18. Regional Business News. Web. 29 May 2013.
- Henderson, Tom. "AlixPartners Deal Gives Equity To Firm's Managers." Crain's Detroit Business 22.32 (2006): 1. Regional Business News. Web. 29 May 2013.
- New York Times, "G.M. Hires AlixPartners to Wind Down Saab", Jan. 8, 2009, http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/01/08/gm-hires-alixpartners-to-wind-down-saab/
- New York Times, "Kodak Replaces Its Restructuring Chief", Jan 23, 2012, http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/01/23/kodak-replaces-its-restructuring-chief/
- New York Times, "Barneys, Debt-Laden, Is Weighing Restructuring", Feb 8, 2012, http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/02/08/barneys-debt-laden-is-weighing-restructuring/
- Penney Works With AlixPartners on Cost Savings, Wall Street Journal, April 23, 2013
- Turnaround Firm AlixPartners Is Sold
- M&A: July 2, 2012