|Birth name||Alix Depauw|
|Genres||Drum and bass|
Alix Perez is the stage name of Alix Depauw, a drum and bass DJ and producer originally from Charleroi, Belgium. Currently based in North London, his music is sometimes characterised as liquid funk amongst other labels, and released on labels such as Liquid V, Bassbin, Creative Source, Horizons, Progress, Brigand, Shogun Audio, Fokuz and Soul:R.
Starting to DJ at the age of 14 and producing at 17, he has collaborated with other artists such as Jenna G, Redeyes, Sabre and Specific, and his inspirations include artists such as Calibre, Marcus Intalex, Ill logic and Raf, Artificial Intelligence and D Bridge.
Now represented by Coda, he regularly plays out in London and around Europe. He describes his DJ style as, "eclectic. I play generally deep but dip into various aspects of drum & bass. I like to read the crowd and let the music breathe. I find mixing in the right musical keys essential. I basically see it as a journey."
Alix Perez's tunes are played regularly on radio shows such as BBC 1Xtra and he has been doing many mixes for radio and podcast. He receives support from respected DJs and producers such as Bailey, Fabio and Bryan Gee. On one of his BBC shows, Fabio called the song "Forsaken" by Perez, the best drum and bass track of 2010.
Alix has been featured in popular drum and bass magazines and has recently been on the cover of ATM Magazine in a feature on the "Leaders of the Nu Skool" in the drum and bass genre. He has had coverage in Knowledge Magazine, London-based dance music magazine One Week To Live, and regularly has his releases reviewed by DJ, Mixmag, Knowledge and ATM.
In 2009 he released the album 1984 on drum and bass label Shogun Audio and has been met with positive response. Perez's album includes the track "Calm of Cast" which features young London hip-hop artist Yungun.
Alix also produces other veins of electronic music under the alias ARP 101.
- Triple Soul - Dub Focus - Touchin Down production 003 (2005)
- Alix Perez + Physics - Sound For The Masses - Fokuz 19 (2005)
- Alix Perez + FX909 - Get It On - Strictly Digital (2005)
- Triple Soul - Jazz Lick - Liquid V Club Sessions Vol 1 (2005)
- Alix Perez- Sorrow - Shogun Audio (2006)
- Alix Perez- All Alone - Spearhead Records (2006)
- Alix Perez- Calypso - Horizons Music (2006)
- Alix Perez feat. MC Fats - Down The Line - Shogun Audio (2006)
- Alix Perez + Sabre - Recession - Progress (2006)
- Alix Perez - Dubrock - Horizons Music 007 (2006)
- Alix Perez + Specific - Love Bug - Horizons Music 007 (2006)
- Alix Perez + Specific - Drive By - Progress (2006)
- Alix Perez - Leave The Dread - Progress (2006)
- Alix Perez + Specific - Just Memories - Horizons Music 012 (2006)
- Alix Perez - Under My Skin - Horizons Music 012 (2006)
- Alix Perez - Illusions - Lucky Devil Music (2006)
- Alix Perez - Magnolias - Bassbin (2006)
- Alix Perez - Backlash - Bassbin (2006)
- Alix Perez + Specific - Side to Side - Brigand (2006)
- Alix Perez + Sabre - Solitary Native - Shogun Ltd (2007)
- Alix Perez + Redeyes - Watching You - Prestige Music (2007)
- Alix Perez + Redeyes - Clone 1001 - Bingo Beats (2007)
- Alix Perez + Youthman - Promise Land - Step Express Recordings (2007)
- Alix Perez - Morning Sun - Creative Source (2007)
- Alix Perez - 1984 (2007)
- Alix Perez - Playing Tricks - Creative Source (2007)
- Alix Perez - Allegiance EP - Soul:r (2008)
- Alix Perez + Icicle + Switch - This Is How / Lovechat - SGN:LTD (2008)
- Alix Perez + Sabre - Everglade / God Fearing - Metalheadz (2009)
- Alix Perez - I’m Free / Melanie - Shogun Audio (2009)
- Alix Perez + Survival - Storm Chaser - Audio Tactics (2009)
- Alix Perez + Noisia + Stray + Joe Seven - Invisible 002 EP - Invisible Recordings (2010)
- Alix Perez + Foreign Beggars + Noisia - Dark Days EP (2010) - Shogun Audio
- Alix Perez - Chroma Chords LP (2013) - Shogun Audio
- Alix Perez - U EP (2014) - Exit Records