|Slogan||The world's most dangerous site|
|Type of site||Music website|
|Owner||AHH Holdings LLC|
|Created by||Greg Watkins
|Revenue||US$4 million (as of 2007)|
AllHipHop.com is a hip hop news website founded in 1998. At five million visitors a month, it is the world's most popular hip hop website. Essence magazine has dubbed it "the CNN of hip-hop". In 2006, AllHipHop won the Rising Stars Award from Black Enterprise magazine. In 2007, PC Magazine listed it as one of the "Top 100 Undiscovered Web Sites". As of May 2008, it attracts over 37 million page views a month.
High school friends Greg Watkins and Chuck Creekmur founded the website in 1998. Watkins and Creekmur grew up in Newark, Delaware. In 1997, Watkins registered the allhiphop.com domain to promote the artists on Oblique Recordings, a small record label he operated. The website provided music downloads to promote the label's artists. After reaching 30,000 downloads a month, Watkins struck deals with eMusic and other retailers to sell downloads. His friend Creekmur, a freelance journalist, had launched a website, tantrum-online.com, in New York. After merging the companies, they adapted Trantrum's exclamation point logo for AllHipHop. By 2003, the business generated enough revenue for Watkins to quit his job and work on the website full-time. Creekmur did the same next year. In 2007, the revenue exceeded US$4 million.
- "AllHipHop.com Relaunches New Urban Lifestyle Website.". Entrepreneur magazine (September 1, 2007). Accessed June 15, 2008.
- Juslin, Anita (May 26, 2008). "Radio One CEO Prepares for Shareholders". The Washington Post. Accessed June 15, 2008.
- Pattison, Kermit (February 2008). "Allhiphop.com's Founders Thought a Weeklong Event Would Raise the Company's Profile and Boost Growth". Inc. magazine. Accessed June 15, 2008.
- Evans, Dan (August 27, 2007). "Top 100 Undiscovered Web Sites". PC Magazine. Accessed June 15, 2008.
- Fung, Amanda (May 13, 2008). "Radio One inks ad deal with AllHipHop.com". Crain's New York Business. Accessed June 15, 2008.
- "About All Hip Hop". AllHipHop. Accessed June 15, 2008.
- "Staying Power". Remix magazine (March 1, 2008). Accessed June 15, 2008.