AllRovi's database, which is licensed and used in point-of-sale systems by some music retailers, includes:
- Basic data: names, genres, credits, copyright information, product numbers
- Descriptive content: styles, tones, moods, themes, nationalities
- Relational content: similar artists and albums, influences
- Editorial content: biographies, reviews, rankings
AllRovi also claims to have the largest digital archive of music, including about 6 million digital songs, as well as the largest cover art library, with more than half a million cover image scans.
The website allmusic.com (oft-referred to as "AMG", or All Music Guide) is a sample of what is available in the database. The site was launched in 1995 as an online demonstration for potential database licensees of the breadth of content included in the database.
The AllRovi database is also used by several generations of Windows Media Player and Musicmatch Jukebox to identify and organize music collections. Windows Media Player 11 and the integrated MTV Urge music store have expanded the use of AllRovi data to include related artists, biographies, reviews, playlists, and other data.
AllRovi is also used to provide catalog data, artist biographies, album reviews, related artist information, playlists, and other information in Google Play, iTunes, Zune Marketplace, eMusic, AOL, Yahoo!, Amazon.com, and other music stores. Additionally, AllRovi is at the heart of the Naim Extended Music database used by the Naim HDX hard disk player.
|Owner||All Media Guide (Rovi)|
AllMovie (previously All Movie Guide) was a commercial database of information about movie stars, movies and television shows. It was founded by popular-culture archivist Michael Erlewine, who also founded AllMusic and Allgame.
The database was licensed to tens of thousands of distributors and retailers for point-of-sale systems, websites, and kiosks. The Allmovie database is comprehensive, including basic product information, cast and production credits, plot synopsis, professional reviews, biographies, relational links, and more.
AllMovie data was accessed on the web at the AllMovie.com website. It was also available via the AMG LASSO media recognition service, which can automatically recognize DVDs.
The AMG consumer facing web properties AllMusic.com, AllMovie.com and AllGame.com were sold by Rovi in August 2013 to All Media Network, LLC. All Media Network, LLC. includes of the original founders of SideReel and Ackrell Capital investor Mike Ackrell. 
Notes and references
- Michael Haddad (2005). The screenwriter's sourcebook: a comprehensive marketing guide for screen and television writers. Chicago, Ill: Chicago Review Press. p. 333. ISBN 1-55652-550-8.
- Malone, Michael (2005). The Everything College Survival Book: From Social Life To Study Skills--all You Need To Fit Right In (Everything: School and Careers). Avon, MA: Adams Media Corporation. p. 281. ISBN 1-59337-334-1.
- Digital Entertainment Veterans Launch ‘All Media Network’ to Perfect Digital Media Discovery, BusinessWire, December 3, 2013, retrieved 2013-12-03